From Terraria Wiki
|Release date||May 8th, 2014|
|← Previous||Current||Next →|
Features and Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- You can now get quests from the Angler NPC for rewards. Each time you complete a quest, the rewards progressively get better. Quests include catching rare kinds of fish, ranging from places such as floating islands to the Underworld and more.
- You can now use critters as bait for fishing. Most insects such as butterflies, worms, snails, grasshoppers and fireflies work.
- You can now ride around in style on the new Minecart system.
- Beaches no longer feel so empty. New Palm trees, scattered shells and starfish, and a sleeping NPC!
- Truffle Worms now spawn in hardmode Mushroom biomes.
- New Boss - Duke Fishron: Summoned using a Truffle Worm in the ocean.
- You can now place weapons and tools on the craftable Weapon Rack. (Thank you Goryō for your suggestion!)
- Added Smart Cursor. This can be toggled using control and has an interface option. Smart Cursor makes digging, chopping, placing, and breaking much faster and easier.
- You can now craft stone letters and numbers with a Heavy Workbench.
- Lihzahrd Power Cells drop more commonly from enemies in the temple.
- Rain is now red during a Blood Moon.
- Updated Gemspark Tiles to make the inner border complete.
- You can now place coins to create Coin Piles. (Thanks Omnir!)
- Added several new underground cave wall graphics.
- Moss backgrounds have been updated with new textures.
- Replaced grass graphics for when they are surrounded.
- Grass is now killed when a player covers it in solid tiles.
- You can now find Shark Statues in worldgen, they spawn sharks when there's enough space.
- It is now much more likely that you will spawn on a flat clean surface when creating a new world.
- Added some world gen cleanup to remove small segments of floating blocks.
- Worms now spawn when breaking rock and dirt piles.
- Grasshoppers can now be found when you cut grass.
- Rainbow Bricks and Brick Walls now go through the entire spectrum.
- Hives are now more common.
- The Abeemination no longer requires Obsidian, Crisp Honey, or a Demon Altar to be crafted.
Pixel Piracy Crossover Content[edit | edit source]
- Falcon Blade.
- Pirate Minions.
- Placeable Sail “wall” sold by the Pirate NPC.
- Placeable Pixel Piracy Painting.
- Ginger Beard vanity item.
Items[edit | edit source]
- There are now 22 new potions you can craft from Fishing and/or Shiverthorn related materials.
- There are now 5 new Mounts to help you traverse the terrain.
- There are several new Pets including the Mini Minotaur (Thank you Tobuscus)
- You can now craft couches out of Silk+material. (Thank you Eikester for the 20 you contributed)
- Dressers and Pianos have all been given custom graphics. (Thank you Eikester)
- You can now craft Grandfather Clocks out of more materials.
- Over 100 new Furniture items have been added to complete old furniture types.
- Trees in the Ice Biome now drop Boreal Wood.
- You can now craft furniture out of Boreal Wood.
- Queen Bee, King Slime and Pirate Invasion now have larger loot tables.
- There are 6 new summoner weapons.
- There are now 2 new summoner armors.
- You can now craft Molotov Cocktails out of Silk+Ale+Torch.
- The underworld and Dungeons have more furniture from new world creation.
- You can now craft Gemspark Walls.
- You can now craft Tin Plating tiles and walls.
- You can now craft Confetti Block tiles and walls.
- You can now craft Midnight Confetti Block tiles and walls.
- You can now craft Waterfall Block tiles and walls.
- You can now craft Lavafall Block tiles and walls.
- Living Fire Blocks now drop from enemies in hardmode Hell.
- Updated Glass Wall item sprite.
- Added Fireworks Box.
- Added Firework Fountain.
New Music[edit | edit source]
- Underground Crimson
Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- Wiring system runs at least three times faster. Longer wire systems get larger gains.
- Improved multiplayer performance.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug where the last bucket of a stack wouldn't go into an available stack when used.
- Fixed bug where buckets don't stack together by themselves when dropped in the world.
- Fixed bug where Gemspark Blocks wouldn't merge well after being actuated.
- Fixed bug where "The jungle grows restless" message would appear before you have beat all 3 Mech Bosses.
- Improved readability of two of the guide's tips as per complaints.
- Fixed bug where Truffles had a hole in his shop if you didn't meet a requirement.
- Changed the Quick Heal to use the best fit healing item instead of the first.
- Fixed a bug where only one wire attached to a Lever would work when you flipped it.
- Fixed exploit where you could dupe pets with Bug Net in multiplayer.
- Fixed bug where spawn rates would increase underground when a moon event is happening.
- Fixed bug where Crimsand Blocks would attempt to enter ammo slots on pickup by themselves.
- Fixed bug where Flask of Gold would apply Ichor debuff on enemies rather than Midas debuff.
- Fixed the crash when a chest is placed above but not directly on a Boulder.
- Fixed bug where Mana Crystals wouldn't immediately fill the new Mana Star they give when used.
- Fixed bug where Well Fed granted 10% magic damage and no ranged damage by mistake (was most likely a typo, magic damage 5% twice, 1 of them near the ranged crit boost).
- Rudolph no longer flies the moment he touches down if the jump button is held.
- Fixed a bug where Rudolph could sometimes regain the ability to double jump while flying.
- Dressers, Pianos and Tables no longer emit particles when struck - you're not breaking them.
- Fixed a bug where Glass Walls were not drawing to the map properly.
- Fixed a bug where the background was showing through some Stone Slab parts.
- Fixed bugs with the sign / npc chat display again.
- Fixed bug where tile wands did not consume items if you had high tile placement speed.
- Fixed bug where breakable pots wouldn't drop life and mana when you weren't at your max if you had temporary increasers.
- Fixed bug where other player's pets would disappear after a while (in multiplayer).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Minimap to crash the game.
- Fireworks now show the wiring layout when selected.
- Fixed bug where watches show 2 ':' marks when displaying time.
- Wooden fence types now properly let the sunlight through.
- Updated graphics for Chairs and Tall Torches to fix some issues.
- Fixed a bug where bad item stack sizes could cause the game to crash when saving.
- Fixed an alignment issue with Pearlwood Chandelier.
- Actuated tiles no longer remove the water over them on world load.
- Fixed bug where minions on multiplayer would disappear after a while.
- Fixed a bug where buff tooltips were staying visible on the map screen.
- Fixed the name for the Hoppin' Jack NPC.
- Fixed issue where minions would not sync upon spawning them in multiplayer.
- Fixed grammar issues with magic quiver tooltips.
- Fixed issue where Death Sickle and Vampire Knives would not animate properly on other players in multiplayer.
- Fixed issue where Scorpions worked with King Statue and Traveling Merchant did not.
- Fixed the exploit where you could have infinite Hoverboard hovering time.
- Invasion summon items will no longer be consumed if no invasion would happen using it.
- Not destroying a Shadow Orb at all will no longer block Natural Pirate invasions.
- Painted walls show up properly on the map.
- Fixed issue where holding binoculars with mouse would still move your camera, making it annoying to move them to chests and the likes.
- Fixed bug where you couldn't dye the Flying Carpet accessory.
- Fixed exploit where you could buy and sell stackable items for profit.
- Fixed bug where glass would not let sun through properly.
- Fixed bug where wings wouldn't work after getting out of water with Merman accessories equipped.
- Fixed a bug where you would die on entering a world from fall damage.
- Fixed exploit where you could duplicate buckets on Mannequins.
- Purification Powder now says 'cleanses the evil' rather than 'cleanses the corruption' (to make it crimson compatible)
- Fixed bug where magic missiles, drills and dirt rods would not function properly in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where the player would float when standing between a downwards slope and a halftile.
- Fixed bug where close dropped wires wouldn't merge with each other.
- Titan Glove and its upgrades now applies only melee knockback.
References[edit | edit source]
| Terraria Desktop Versions |
|Category • Upcoming Features|