|Type||Mechanism – Crafting material|
|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Enables solid blocks to be toggled on and off|
|Buy / Sell||10 / 2|
|Internal Item ID: 849|
The Actuator is a mechanism item purchased from the Mechanic for 10 each. When activated, the tile it sits on toggles between active and inactive state, effectively allowing any block to be toggled in this way like Active Stone Blocks.
The Presserator automatically places actuators to objects when placing them. It requires that actuators be in the player's inventory in order to function.
Using Actuators in place of doors creates Blood Moon proof entrances, as well as doors your NPCs won't wander through.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Actuators can work on platforms and teleporters, but otherwise only work on blocks and traps.
- Most furniture on top of a block/platform with an actuator will be freed when the actuator activates.
- Actuators won't activate if they are right under a tree, Demon Altar, Crimson Altar, or any chests (even if the chest is empty).
- Any plants growing on a block which is put into its inactive state by an actuator will be destroyed as if you swing a tool at it. This can be used to harvest mushroom farms. Herbs, however, will remain on the inactive block.
- Liquids can pass through blocks which an actuator has made inactive, but falling blocks like sand, silt and slush will still be supported.
- Actuators can be used to pass through Hellstone in the underworld without generating lava, and can similarly be used to pass through hive blocks without generating honey or spawning bees.
- Inactive Ebonstone, Crimstone, and Pearlstone Blocks will still count towards the formation of their respective biomes.
- If you stand inside an inactive block and it becomes active, you will be able to move inside the 6 blocks you are in but will be stopped by other blocks. This may be used for protection.
- Naturally occurring Lihzahrd Bricks may not be actuated until Plantera has been defeated.
- NPCs can spawn on top of Actuated blocks and thus fall through them.
- Traps that use Actuated blocks around the NPCs spawning area can often end up killing the NPCs.
- In the console edition a locked jungle temple door is considered an actuatable block.
- A Portal Gun can place portals on blocks that have actuators in them.
- Actuators have no effect on bubbles.
History[edit | edit source]
- Sprite updated.
- Used to craft the Actuation Rod.
- 1.2.4: Actuated tiles no longer remove the water over them on world load.
- 1.2.3: Fixed bug where inactive tiles counted for sticky purposes (ex: Sticky Bomb).
- 188.8.131.52: Actuators no longer work on unlocked or made by and/or placed down by man doors.
- 184.108.40.206: You can no longer use actuators to deactivate temple blocks before killing Plantera.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Tools||Wire • Wrenches • Wire Cutter • Multicolor Wrench • The Grand Design • Actuation Rod|
|Accessories||Mechanical Lens • Presserator|
|Triggers||Lever • Switch • Pressure Plates • Timers • Detonators • Trapped Chests • Gem Locks|
|Devices||Active/Inactive Stone Block • Actuator • Announcement Box • Pumps • Teleporter • Functional Statues • Light sources • Gemspark Blocks|
|Traps||Dart • Super Dart • Spear • Spiky Ball • Flame • Explosives • Geyser|