| Max stack
| Use time
|| Enables solid blocks to be toggled on and off
| Buy / Sell
|| 10 / 2
| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
The Actuator is a mechanism item sold by the Mechanic for 10 silver coins each. When activated, the tile it sits on toggles between active and inactive state, effectively allowing any block to be toggled in this way like Active Stone Blocks.
Like Wire, Actuators are normally invisible and only become visible when a mechanism item is selected and are removed with the Wire Cutter.
Using Actuators in place of doors creates Blood Moon proof entrances, as well as doors your NPCs won't wander through.
- Actuators can work on platforms and teleporters, but otherwise only work on blocks and traps.
- Most furniture on top of a block/platform with an actuator will be deconstructed when the actuator activates.
- Actuators won't activate if they're right under a tree, Demon Altar, Crimson Altar, or any chests (even if the chest is empty).
- Any plants growing on a block unactivated by an actuator will be destroyed as if you swing a tool at it. This can be used to harvest mushroom farms. Herbs, however, will remain on the inactive block.
- Liquids can pass through blocks which an actuator has made inactive, but falling blocks like sand, silt and slush will still be supported.
- Actuators can be used to pass through Hellstone in the underworld without generating lava, and can similarly be used to pass through hive blocks without generating honey or spawning bees.
- Inactive Ebonstone, Crimstone, and Pearlstone Blocks will still count towards the formation of their respective biomes.
- If you stand inside an inactive block and it becomes active, you will be able to move inside the 6 blocks you are in but will be stopped by other blocks. This may be used for protection.
- Naturally occuring Lihzahrd Bricks may not be actuated until Plantera has been defeated.
- 1.2.4: Actuated tiles no longer remove the water over them on world load.
- 1.2.3: Fixed bug where inactive tiles counted for sticky purposes (ex: Sticky Bomb).
- 22.214.171.124: Actuators no longer work on doors.
- 126.96.36.199: You can no longer use actuators to deactivate temple blocks before killing Plantera.
- 1.2: Introduced.