Adamantite Ore is one of the two top-tier Ores that can spawn from every third destroyed Altar in Hardmode (the other possible Ore being Titanium). In worlds where it spawns, it is the rarest and most valuable of the three Altar-spawned Ores.
A Mythril/Orichalcum Drill, Mythril/Orichalcum Pickaxe, or better is required in order to mine Adamantite. On the Mobile version, a Palladium Drill will also be able to mine it. An Adamantite Forge, crafted from 30 Adamantite Ore and one Hellforge, is required in order to craft Adamantite Bars.
Adamantite ore, as well as Adamantite Bars, can also be obtained by opening crates, eliminating the need for a lower tier pickaxe. Adamantite ore is also dropped by Ocram.
Crafting all Adamantite items requires 144 Adamantite Bars, plus thirty raw Ore for an Adamantite Forge, for a total of 750 Adamantite Ore.
- On a small map Adamantite starts spawning around a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles), 100 feet (50 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a medium map Adamantite starts spawning around a depth of 2,130 feet (1,065 tiles), 170 feet (85 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a large map Adamantite starts spawning around a depth of 2,930 feet (1,465 tiles), 420 feet (210 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- If you are having trouble finding Adamantite, look on the ceiling of the Underworld. If you have smashed many Altars, Adamantite will be a common sight. Looking near large pools of Lava can help, as Lava produces enough light to see many Adamantite deposits.
- Adamantite Ore veins can be exceptionally difficult to spot in Crimson biomes, unless the Crimson is removed or upon closer examination.
- In the Console version and Mobile version, Ocram will drop some Adamantite ore. Note that Adamantite bars are required to craft his summon item.
- Adamantite gets its name from "adamant" which has historically been used to describe exceptionally hard materials such as diamond. Adamant and variations have been used to describe materials with incredible durability in fantasy and mythology, including "adamantine" in Greek mythology and "adamantium" in Marvel Comics.
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 22.214.171.124: Placed Adamantite has a new texture.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.1: Introduced.