|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Internal Item ID: 111|
Adamantite Ore is the highest tier of the three Ores available in Hardmode, and is the rarest and most valuable of the three. It spawns upon the destruction of every third Demon Altar or Crimson Altar. A Mythril/Orichalcum Drill or better is required in order to mine Adamantite on both the PC and console versions of the game, as of Version 1.2's release. It is used to craft the Adamantite Forge and Adamantite Bars. An Adamantite Forge, crafted from 30 Adamantite Ore and one Hellforge, is required in order to craft Adamantite Bars.
Adamantite is colored red and can be found near the bottom of the Cavern layer, just above the depth where Lava begins appearing. To craft all Adamantite equipment, the player needs to gather 144 Adamantite Bars, plus thirty ore for an Adamantite Forge, for a total of 750 Adamantite Ore.
Adamantite may be replaced with Titanium in your world.
- If you are having trouble finding Adamantite, look on the ceiling of the Underworld. If you have smashed many Demon Altars, Adamantite will be a common sight. Looking near large pools of Lava can help, as Lava produces enough light to see many Adamantite deposits. Adamantite can also spawn deeper in the Underworld.
- Adamantite Ore veins can be really hard to spot in Crimson biomes unless the Crimson is removed or upon closer examination.
- On a small map Adamantite spawns below a depth of 1,400 feet (700 tiles), 100 feet (50 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a medium map Adamantite spawns below a depth of 2,130 feet (1,065 tiles), 170 feet (85 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On a large map Adamantite spawns below a depth of 2,930 feet (1,465 tiles), 420 feet (210 tiles) above the depth at which Lava begins appearing.
- On the console edition of the game, Ocram will drop some Adamantite ore. A godsend considering the usage of Adamantite Bars to make his summon.
- Adamantite gets its name from "adamant" which has historically been used to describe exceptionally hard materials such as diamond. Adamant and variations have widely been used to describe metals and materials with incredible durability in fantasy, science-fiction, and mythology, from as far back as "adamantine" in ancient Greek mythology, to the "adamantium" of Marvel Comics (first appearing in Avengers #66 but made famous by the popular X-Men character Wolverine, whose skeleton was infused with "adamantium").
- Adamant means unbreakable.
- Although adamantite is referencing an indestructible metal, its stronger counterpart Titanium Ore is a real metal which has a similar strength to steel, and would be much weaker.
| Adamantite |
|Ore • Bar • Beam • Beam Wall • Forge Pickaxe • Drill • Waraxe • Chainsaw • Sword • Repeater • Glaive • Armor Tizona • Vulcan Repeater • Tonbogiri • Suspicious Looking Skull|