Ammunition items are consumable items fired by ranged weapons. When firing a weapon requiring Ammunition, the corresponding Ammunition type must also be present in the player's inventory. Ammunition items are first consumed from the four dedicated Ammo slots of the inventory, as long as an applicable ammunition exists there; otherwise, Ammunition is taken from the other inventory slots, if present there. Damage bonuses also apply to the damage of bullets and arrows.
Types of Ammunition:
 Other Forms of Ammunition
Some weapons fire items that are not primarily ammunition, while others have their own unique ammunition:
- The Blowpipe and the Blowgun fire Seeds and Poison Darts.
- The Star Cannon fires Fallen Stars.
- The Sandgun fires Sand, Pearlsand, Ebonsand, and Crimsand.
- The Flamethrower fires Gel.
- The Flare Gun fires Flares and Blue Flares.
- The Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher and Proximity Mine Launcher fire Rockets.
- The Stynger fires Stynger Bolts.
- The Snowball Cannon fires Snowballs.
- The Coin Gun fires coins.
- The Stake Launcher fires Stakes.
- The Candy Corn Rifle fires Candy Corn.
- The Jack 'O Lantern Launcher fires Explosive Jack 'O Lanterns.
|Musket Ball • Silver Bullet • Meteor Shot • Crystal Bullet • Cursed Bullet|
High Velocity Bullet • Party Bullet • Nano Bullet • Exploding Bullet • Golden Bullet • Ichor Bullet •
Venom Bullet • Chlorophyte Bullet
|Wooden • Flaming • Holy • Unholy • Jester's • Hellfire • Cursed • Spectral • Vulcan Bolt|
Frostburn • Ichor • Chlorophyte • Venom