Ancient Shadow armor
|Ancient Shadow armor|
|Bonus|| 21% increased melee speed|
15% increased movement speed (set bonus)
|Sell||1 80 (set)|
The Ancient Shadow Armor set is a throwback to the 1.0.3 Shadow Armor's look, but is otherwise identical in all ways to the current Shadow Armor, and can be interchanged with it. The ancient in the name is derived from the armor using an older version of the Shadow Armor's artwork.
- If you mix and match the ancient set and its current counterpart, you will still get the set bonus. However, you will not get the visual trailing shadow bonus that comes with the set.
- The armor has the same sprite as Shadow Armor had before 1.0.3, thus the word "Ancient" in it.
- If you have a decent amount of gear with a new player, you can farm Eater of Souls and skip to Shadow Armor very early on.
- You can still obtain this armor set on crimson worlds. (Possibly a rare drop from hardmode jungle enemies, needs confirmation)
- 1.2.3: Ancient Shadow armor drop rate was reduced slightly.
- 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- 1.2: Introduced.