| Ankh Shield
|| Grants immunity to knockback and fire blocks|
Grants immunity to most debuffs
| Internal Item ID: 1613
A crafting tree for the Ankh Shield, showing what items to combine, and where to get them.
The Ankh Shield is a Hardmode accessory that provides immunity to 10/(11) different debuffs, knockback immunity, and provides an additional 4 defense. It is crafted from an Obsidian Shield and an Ankh Charm at the Tinkerer's Workshop. See Guide:Ankh Shield for more information on how to craft it.
The Ankh Shield entails one of the most complex crafting trees in Terraria.
It provides immunity from all of the following debuffs:
- The Ankh Shield is the end result of combining 11 individual accessories over the course of seven crafting operations. Its original constituent accessories are the Bezoar, Vitamins, Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Skull, Nazar, Blindfold, Trifold Map, Fast Clock, Megaphone, Armor Polish, and Adhesive Bandage. Prior to update 126.96.36.199, it was the most compact item in the game, with the release of the Cell Phone, which is a combination of 13 different items.
- The Ankh Shield can be obtained before defeating any Hardmode bosses, and can be a very useful accessory when one does decide to fight them.
- The Paladin's Shield, while obtainable considerably later than the Ankh Shield, outclasses it in situations where common debuffs will not be inflicted (such as most boss battles), offering knockback immunity along with an extra 2 defense.
- Ankh was the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic character that meant "life", this character is depicted in the shield.
- Of all accessories, the Ankh Shield and the Celestial Stone offer the third most base defense, being bested only by the Paladin's Shield which has 6 base defense, and the Flesh Knuckles which has 7 base defense.
- While the Ankh Shield protects against the ten arguably most common debuffs, this immunity accounts for only a small selection of the potential negative effects a player can suffer.
- 188.8.131.52: Now provides immunity to the Chilled debuff.
- 1.2: Introduced.