|Tooltip|| Grants immunity to knockback and fire blocks|
Grants immunity to most debuffs
The Ankh Shield is a Hardmode accessory that provides immunity to 10 different debuffs, knockback immunity, and provides an additional 4 defense. It is crafted from an Obsidian Shield and an Ankh Charm at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
The Ankh Shield currently entails the most complex crafting tree in Terraria. See Guide:Ankh Shield for a layout.
It provides immunity from all of the following debuffs:
- The Ankh Shield is the end result of combining 11 individual accessories over the course of seven crafting operations. Its original constituent accessories are the Bezoar, Vitamins, Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Skull, Nazar, Blindfold, Trifold Map, Fast Clock, Megaphone, Armor Polish, and Adhesive Bandage. It is currently the most compact accessory in the game.
- The Ankh Shield can be obtained before defeating any Hardmode bosses, and can be a very useful accessory when one does decide to fight them.
- Despite preventing the Burning debuff from most sources, the Ankh Shield will not prevent Burning that results from equipping developer-reserved items (such as Red's Wings). In all, the Ankh Shield will prevent all but two of the developer-reserved punishment debuffs.
- Ankh was the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic character that meant "life", this character is depicted in the shield.
- Of all accessories, the Ankh Shield and the Celestial Stone offer the second most base defense, being bested only by the Paladin's Shield which has 6 base defense.
- There are eleven debuffs that can occur that this cannot block; Blackout, Ichor, Cursed Inferno, Chilled, Frozen, Frostburn, Potion Sickness, Mana Sickness, Venom, Tipsy, and On Fire!.
- 1.2: Introduced.