|Use time||15 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Sprays out a shower of water.|
The speed is listed as slow, but this more refers to the travel speed of the projectiles coming out of the wand. The Aqua Scepter itself deals no damage therefore an enemy too close to the wielder will simply move past the outstretched wand to hit the player. However, enemies caught in the range of the spray can take up to 3 hits per "use" of the wand. The wand is more mana efficient when pulsed, or when an enemy is trapped against the terrain and has to take all 3 hits from a spray. The wand can be continuously used to keep enemies juggled; however, this drains mana and only hits enemies trapped in the cone 1 time per "use".
Its particles emit light, so the Aqua Scepter can be useful in scouting out caverns.
Because the mana cost is so low, it is unable to support the modifier Mythical. Therefore, its best modifier is Godly or Masterful.
- Despite being a Water themed weapon, the range seems to be reduced when the player is in water.
- During alpha and beta testing for the first version of Terraria, the Aqua Scepter was often considered overpowered, due to the fact that it used so little mana then. The mana cost has since been raised by the developers.
- It makes the same sound effect as the Rocket Boots.
- Due to the blue color of the staff portion of the scepter, it can be assumed it is made from enchanted cobalt, like most other dungeon items, i.e. Muramasa, Magic Missile, and of course, the Cobalt Shield.
- Given a graphical re-sprite, and also sprays in an arc.
- Damage increased from 14 to 15, mana consumption further reduced to 4.
- 1.0.6: Damage reduced from 15 to 14, mana consumption reduced from 10 to 7, range increased.
- 1.0.5: Use time reduced from 29 to 15, mana consumption reduced from 12 to 10.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Amethyst Staff • Topaz Staff • Sapphire Staff • Emerald Staff • Ruby Staff • Diamond Staff • Space Gun
Aqua Scepter • Crimson Rod • Demon Scythe • Flamelash • Flower of Fire • Flower of Frost • Frost Staff