Demons are found in The Underworld. In addition to causing physical damage if contacted, they shoot accelerating purple blades at the player, similar to the Demon Scythe spell, in volleys of four. These blades are stopped by barriers such as walls and ash blocks, and have a chance of blinding the player. The blades cannot be destroyed if they are hit by a weapon, unlike the fireballs of the Fire Imp.
Demons that come in contact with lava will not get hurt (like most other underworld monsters). A rarer variation of the Demon is the Voodoo Demon.
Demons are immune to the On Fire! and Cursed Inferno debuffs.
- 18.104.22.168: Added new sounds.
- Console-Release: Arch Demon Introduced.
- 22.214.171.124: Now drops its banner.
- Damage reduced from 50 to 32.
- Now repeatedly swoops at the player and flies away, rather than remaining close by, and doesn't fire while blocked.
- 1.0.5: Demon Introduced.