|Internal NPC ID: 19|
The Arms Dealer is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- You have at least one bullet firing Gun or Bullet in your inventory (not just stored in a Chest).
The easiest way to acquire a qualifying item is to smash either Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts in the Corruption or the Crimson. They may drop a Musket or an Undertaker, respectively. Guns stored in Chests will not fulfill this requirement, nor will magic guns such as the Space Gun or the Laser Rifle. Guns that don't fire bullets (e.g Flare Gun) do not meet the requirement either.
If the Arms Dealer is killed, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again. This means you must place a Gun or Bullet in your inventory.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Musket Ball||7||Always available.|
|Silver Bullet||15||During a Blood Moon. (Always available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.)|
|Unholy Arrow||40|| At night after defeating the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu for the first time.|
(Always available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.)
|Flintlock Pistol||5||Always available.|
|Illegal Gun Parts||20||Only at night.|
|Shotgun||25||After defeating the Wall of Flesh.|
|Empty Bullet||3||After defeating the Wall of Flesh.|
|Stynger Bolt||75||When the player possesses a Stynger.|
|Stake||15||When the player possesses a Stake Launcher.|
|Nail||1||When the player possesses a Nailgun.|
|Candy Corn||5||When the player possesses a Candy Corn Rifle.|
|Explosive Jack 'O Lantern||15||When the player possesses a Jack 'O Lantern Launcher.|
|Nurse Hat||3||During Halloween.|
|Nurse Shirt||3||During Halloween.|
|Nurse Pants||3||During Halloween.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The arms dealer may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Keep your hands off my gun, buddy!"
- "Hey, this ain't a movie, pal. Ammo is extra." (references how most movie/TV show protagonists have infinite ammo.)
- "I see you're eyeballin' the Minishark.. You really don't want to know how it was made."
- "Don't bother with [Name of Demolitionist], I've got all you need right here." (Only if Demolitionist is present.)
- "What's [Name of Demolitionist]'s problem? Does he even realize we sell completely different stuff?" (Only if Demolitionist is present.)
- "Make it quick! I've got a date with [Name of Nurse] in an hour." (Only if Nurse is present.)
- "I want what [Name of Nurse] is sellin'. What do you mean, she doesn't sell anything?" (Only if Nurse is present. Also refers to the fact that the Nurse doesn't sell anything.)
- "[Name of Dryad] is a looker. Too bad she's such a prude." (Only if Dryad is present.)
Only during night:
- "I heard there is a doll that looks very similar to [Name of Guide] somewhere in the underworld. I'd like to put a few rounds in it." (This will be the only message available if Skeletron is defeated, but Wall of Flesh is not.) (This refers to the Guide Voodoo Doll)
Only during a Blood Moon:
- "I love nights like tonight. There is never a shortage of things to kill."
- "Man, it's a good night not to talk to anybody, don't you think, [Name of Player]?" (This is a reference to the NPCs becoming incredibly paranoid, sinister or rude during Blood Moons.)
During a party:
- "Parties are great for getting people to come out of their shell, just like with bullets."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Brimst may be a reference to brimstone (sulfur), one of the ingredients of gunpowder.
- Unlike several other NPCs, who sell their own clothes on Halloween, the Arms Dealer sells the Nurse's clothes. On a technical level, this may be because the Nurse does not have a shop interface through which to sell her own clothes.
- The quote about the Guide Voodoo Doll still appears even if the Guide is dead, but the name will be random each time.
- In one of his quotes he talks about having a date with the Nurse. This may be because he could have a crush on her.
History[edit | edit source]
- Now sells ammunition for newly introduced weapons and Nurse's clothes (during Halloween).
- Now has random name given to him on spawn. His death will be reported with this name. Also other NPCs will use it in their quotes.
- Illegal Gun Parts are sold every night, not just during new moons.
- Silver Bullets and Unholy Arrows are always available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- Shotgun added to inventory.
- 1.0.5: Unholy Arrows, Illegal Gun Parts and Silver Bullets added to inventory. Choice of goods become dependent upon time of the day and events.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.