|Internal NPC ID: 19|
The Arms Dealer is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The player has at least one bullet-firing Gun or Bullet in their inventory (those stored in a Chest don't count).
If the Arms Dealer is killed, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The easiest way to acquire a qualifying item is to smash either a Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart in the Corruption or the Crimson. They will always drop a Musket or an Undertaker, respectively on the first break.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Musket Ball||7||Always available.|
|Silver Bullet||15||During a Blood Moon. (Always available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.)|
|Unholy Arrow||40|| At night after defeating the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu for the first time.|
(Always available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.)
|Flintlock Pistol||5||Always available.|
|Illegal Gun Parts||20||Only at night.|
|Shotgun||25||After defeating the Wall of Flesh.|
|Empty Bullet||3||After defeating the Wall of Flesh.|
|Stynger Bolt||75||When the player possesses a Stynger.|
|Stake||15||When the player possesses a Stake Launcher.|
|Nail||1||When the player possesses a Nailgun.|
|Candy Corn||5||When the player possesses a Candy Corn Rifle.|
|Explosive Jack 'O Lantern||15||When the player possesses a Jack 'O Lantern Launcher.|
|Nurse Hat||3||During Halloween.|
|Nurse Shirt||3||During Halloween.|
|Nurse Pants||3||During Halloween.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The arms dealer may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Keep your hands off my gun, buddy!"
- "Hey, this ain't a movie, pal. Ammo is extra." (references how most movie/TV show protagonists have infinite ammo.)
- "I see you're eyeballin' the Minishark.. You really don't want to know how it was made."
- "Don't bother with [Name of Demolitionist], I've got all you need right here." (Only if Demolitionist is present.)
- "What's [Name of Demolitionist]'s problem? Does he even realize we sell completely different stuff?" (Only if Demolitionist is present.)
- "Make it quick! I've got a date with [Name of Nurse] in an hour." (Only if Nurse is present.)
- "I want what [Name of Nurse] is sellin'. What do you mean, she doesn't sell anything?" (Only if Nurse is present. Also refers to the fact that the Nurse doesn't sell anything.)
- "[Name of Dryad] is a looker. Too bad she's such a prude." (Only if Dryad is present.)
Only during night:
- "I heard there is a doll that looks very similar to [Name of Guide] somewhere in the underworld. I'd like to put a few rounds in it." (This will be the only message available if Skeletron is defeated, but Wall of Flesh is not.) (This refers to the Guide Voodoo Doll)
Only during a Blood Moon:
- "I love nights like tonight. There is never a shortage of things to kill."
- "Man, it's a good night not to talk to anybody, don't you think, [Name of Player]?" (This is a reference to the NPCs becoming incredibly paranoid, sinister or rude during Blood Moons.)
During a party:
- "Parties are great for getting people to come out of their shell, just like with bullets."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Brimst may be a reference to brimstone (sulfur), one of the ingredients of gunpowder.
- Unlike several other NPCs, who sell their own clothes on Halloween, the Arms Dealer sells the Nurse's clothes. On a technical level, this may be because the Nurse does not have a shop interface through which to sell her own clothes.
- The quote about the Guide Voodoo Doll still appears even if the Guide is dead, but the name will be random each time.
- In one of his quotes he talks about having a date with the Nurse. This may be because he could have a crush on her.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.1: Now sells ammunition for newly introduced weapons and Nurse costume (during Halloween).
- 1.2: Price of Minishark and Illegal Gun Parts reduced.
- Now has random name given to him on spawn. His death will be reported with this name. Also other NPCs will use it in their quotes.
- Illegal Gun Parts are sold every night, not just during new moons.
- Silver Bullets and Unholy Arrows are always available after defeating the Wall of Flesh.
- Shotgun added to inventory.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.