This is a Town NPC. A House may be required in order for it to appear.
The Arms Dealer is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The player has at least one bullet-firing Gun or Bullet in their inventory (Flare Guns, Flares, or those stored in a Chest don't count).
If the Arms Dealer is killed, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again.
On the Desktop version, when threatened by enemies, the Arms Dealer will use a Flintlock Pistol to defend himself. Once Hardmode begins, he upgrades to a Minishark for self-defense.
The arms dealer may have any of the following names:
- "Keep your hands off my gun, buddy!"
- "Hey, this ain't a movie, pal. Ammo is extra." (references how most movie/TV show protagonists have infinite ammo.)
- "I see you're eyeballin' the Minishark.. You really don't want to know how it was made."
When Demolitionist is present:
- "Don't bother with [Name of Demolitionist], I've got all you need right here."
- "What's [Name of Demolitionist]'s problem? Does he even realize we sell completely different stuff?"
When Nurse is present:
- "Make it quick! I've got a date with [Name of Nurse] in an hour."
- "I want what [Name of Nurse] is sellin'. What do you mean, she doesn't sell anything?"(refers to the fact that the Nurse doesn't sell anything.)
When Dryad is present:
- "[Name of Dryad] is a looker. Too bad she's such a prude."
At night, after Skeletron has been defeated, but the Wall of flesh has not
- "I heard there is a doll that looks very similar to [Name of Guide] somewhere in the underworld. I'd like to put a few rounds in it." (This refers to the Guide Voodoo Doll)
- (if these conditions are met this will be the only quote available)
During a Blood Moon:
- "I love nights like tonight. There is never a shortage of things to kill."
- "Man, it's a good night not to talk to anybody, don't you think, [Name of Player]?" (This is a reference to the NPCs becoming incredibly paranoid, sinister or rude during Blood Moons.)
During a party:
- "Parties are great for getting people to come out of their shell, just like with bullets."
- The name Brimst may be a reference to brimstone (sulfur), one of the ingredients of gunpowder.
- Unlike several other NPCs, who sell their own clothes on Halloween, the Arms Dealer sells the Nurse's clothes. On a technical level, this may be because the Nurse does not have a shop interface through which to sell her own clothes.
- The quote about the Guide Voodoo Doll still appears even if the Guide is dead, but the name will be random each time.
- In one of his quotes he talks about having a date with the Nurse. This may be because he could have a crush on her.
- He seems to have a crush on both the Nurse and the Dryad. This is because of his quote about the date with the Nurse, and the Dryad's quote about him hitting on her. He also hits on the Mechanic, due to her quote about hitting on her wit the "pressure plate."
- The Arms Dealer and Guide seem to argue with each other through Emotes, implying they dont get along.