This is a Town NPC. A House may be required in order for it to appear.
The Arms Dealer is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The player has at least one bullet-firing Gun or Bullet in their inventory (Flare Guns or those stored in a Chest don't count).
If the Arms Dealer is killed, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again.
When threatened by enemies, the Arms Dealer will use a Flintlock Pistol to defend himself. Once Hardmode begins, he upgrades to a Minishark for self-defense.
The arms dealer may have any of the following names:
- "Keep your hands off my gun, buddy!"
- "Hey, this ain't a movie, pal. Ammo is extra." (references how most movie/TV show protagonists have infinite ammo.)
- "I see you're eyeballin' the Minishark.. You really don't want to know how it was made."
When Demolitionist is present:
- "Don't bother with [Name of Demolitionist], I've got all you need right here."
- "What's [Name of Demolitionist]'s problem? Does he even realize we sell completely different stuff?"
When Nurse is present:
- "Make it quick! I've got a date with [Name of Nurse] in an hour."
- "I want what [Name of Nurse] is sellin'. What do you mean, she doesn't sell anything?"(refers to the fact that the Nurse doesn't sell anything.)
When Dryad is present:
- "[Name of Dryad] is a looker. Too bad she's such a prude."
At night, after the Wall of flesh has been defeated, but Skeletron has not
- "I heard there is a doll that looks very similar to [Name of Guide] somewhere in the underworld. I'd like to put a few rounds in it." (This refers to the Guide Voodoo Doll)
- (if these conditions are met this will be the only quote available)
During a Blood Moon:
- "I love nights like tonight. There is never a shortage of things to kill."
- "Man, it's a good night not to talk to anybody, don't you think, [Name of Player]?" (This is a reference to the NPCs becoming incredibly paranoid, sinister or rude during Blood Moons.)
During a party:
- "Parties are great for getting people to come out of their shell, just like with bullets."
- The name Brimst may be a reference to brimstone (sulfur), one of the ingredients of gunpowder.
- Unlike several other NPCs, who sell their own clothes on Halloween, the Arms Dealer sells the Nurse's clothes. On a technical level, this may be because the Nurse does not have a shop interface through which to sell her own clothes.
- The quote about the Guide Voodoo Doll still appears even if the Guide is dead, but the name will be random each time.
- In one of his quotes he talks about having a date with the Nurse. This may be because he could have a crush on her.
- He seems to have a crush on both the Nurse and the Dryad. This is because of his quote about the date with the Nurse, and the Dryad's quote about him hitting on her.