|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
Arrows are a form of Ammunition fired from a Bow or Repeater. While they require resources to craft and use, the resources required to build the basic wooden and flaming arrows are more than abundant. Arrows are particularly powerful early game, where even a Copper Bow with simple wooden arrows will deal double the damage a sword can. Wooden arrows should be upgraded to flaming arrows or frostburn arrows, as it does not require a lot of resources, and greatly increases their usefulness.
Bows consume arrows from the Inventory in order from top-left to bottom-right.
Arrow Types[edit | edit source]
Note: Listed arrow velocities and damage values are currently incorrect.
|Ammo||Damage||Velocity||Knockback||Chance to Break||Notes||Made From|
|Wooden Arrow||5||3||2||50%||Basic arrow, used to craft other arrows||(x1) + (x1)||at (makes 25)|
|Bone Arrow||6||3.5||?||?%||The Marrow turns Wooden Arrows into these||Sold by Skeleton Merchant during Moon phases 1, 2, 5, 6|
|Flaming Arrow||7||3.5||2||66.6%||Emits light, 66.6% chance to downgrade, may inflict On Fire!||(x10) + (x1)||by Hand (makes 10)|
|Frostburn Arrow||9||3.75||2.2||66.6%||Stronger than Flaming Arrow, may inflict Frostburn||(x10) + (x1)||by Hand (makes 10)|
|Unholy Arrow||12||3.4||3||75%||Pierces up to 4 times||(x5) + (x1)||at (makes 5)|
|Jester's Arrow||10||0.5||4||100%||Pierces indefinitely, unaffected by gravity||(x20) + (x1)||by Hand (makes 20)|
|Hellfire Arrow||13||6.5||8||100%||Explodes on impact||(x100) + (x1)||at (makes 100)|
|Holy Arrow||13||3.5||2||83.3%||Summons falling stars on impact||(x200) + (x3) + (x1)||at (makes 200)|
|Cursed Arrow||17||4||3||83.3%||May inflict Cursed Inferno, 66.6% chance to downgrade||(x150) + (x1)||at (makes 150)|
|Luminite Arrow||15||3||3.5||??.?%||Second projectile echo||(x1)||at (makes 333)|
|Chlorophyte Arrow||16||4.5||3.5||??.?%||Bounces or pierces once||(x1)||at (makes 150)|
|Ichor Arrow||16||4.25||3||??.?%||May inflict Ichor Debuff||(x150) + (x1)||at (makes 150)|
|Venom Arrow||17||4.3||4.2||??.?%||May inflict Venom||(x35) + (x1)||at (makes 35)|
|Spectral Arrow /||16||??||3||75%?||Emits light, may inflict Cursed Inferno||Arrows shot by the Sharanga|
|Vulcan Bolt /||12||??||8||100%||Explodes on impact||Arrows shot by the Vulcan Repeater|
|Stake||25||3||4.5||100%||Pierces up to ten times. Usable by Stake Launcher only.||Bought from the Arms Dealer|
Boosts[edit | edit source]
- Magic Quiver
- Ranger Emblem
- Avenger Emblem
- Destroyer Emblem
- Any accessory with the modifiers Jagged, Spiked, Angry, Menacing
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to re-use many arrows, especially Wooden Arrows and Flaming Arrows which have a high drop rate after being fired. Arrows have a chance to break, regardless of what they hit (arrows break as much against Slimes as they do against Bricks).
- Wooden Arrows fired from the Molten Fury are considered to be Flaming Arrows and have a chance to be recoverable as such.
- Jester's Arrows and Hellfire Arrows are always consumed, and cannot be re-used.
- Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows, Cursed Arrows and Ichor Arrows, if they did not break, have a 2/3 chance to downgrade back to wooden arrow after being shot.
- The Endless Quiver provides an infinite supply of Wooden Arrows.
| Arrows |
|Wooden • Flaming • Frostburn • Unholy • Jester's • Hellfire • Holy • Cursed • Ichor • Chlorophyte • Venom • Luminite • Endless Quiver • Spectral • Vulcan Bolt • Heart|