Bats are a common enemy archetype. They can be found Underground (Cave Bats), in both the Jungle and Underground Jungle (Jungle Bats), in the Underworld (Hellbats), and finally, in the Underground Hallow (Illuminant Bat) and Corruption/Underground Corruption (Slimer).
Bats are a flying enemy that follow the Bat AI: They randomly fly around bumping into things trying to hit the player. The exception to this rule is the Slimer, who after being 'killed' for the first time uses the Slime AI. While bats aren't exceptionally dangerous, they should not be underestimated either: They deal a hefty amount of damage, and have a fair share of health. Bats are more than just a nuisance, and should be dealt with accordingly.
- Cave Bat, a bat found Underground and in the Cavern layer.
- Jungle Bat, a bat found in the Jungle.
- Hellbat, a bat found in The Underworld.
- Giant Bat, a bat found Underground and in the Cavern layer during Hardmode.
- Illuminant Bat, a bat found in the Underground Hallow biome during Hardmode.
- Slimer, a bat found in the Corruption/Underground Corruption biome during Hardmode.
- Unlike most enemies, all Bats can fit through single block spaces.
- Cave Bats and Giant Bats closely resemble Zubat and Golbat, from Nintendo's Pokemon series.
- 1.1: Giant Bat, Slimer, and Illuminant Bat introduced.
- 1.0.6: Health of all bats reduced.
- Hellbat introduced.
- Bats no longer enter water.
- Bats now have a specific death sound effect.
- Cave Bat health and damage reduced.
- 1.0.4: Introduced. Cave Bat and Jungle Bat added.
|Cave Bat • Jungle Bat • Hellbat • Giant Bat • Illuminant Bat • Slimer|