The Beach Ball is a novelty item. Using it creates an interactive beach ball for players to bounce around on their worlds. After 2 seconds of sitting still, it turns back into a dropped item that can be picked up and reused again. On the Desktop version, it is sold by the Party Girl NPC and can be found naturally in Water Chests. On the Console versions and Mobile versions, however, it is instead only found in Water Chests
The Beach Ball in action
- The Beach Ball reacts to blocks, doors, and liquid as boundaries and will bounce off them normally.
- When touching players, the ball reacts as though it were struck, repelling away with increased velocity. This occurs even for players standing still, but more so if they are in motion, which can easily send the ball flying off-screen.
- The Beach Ball is not affected by NPCs or furniture, and weapons or tools used on them will simply pass through without interacting.
- If the Beach Ball travels off the left or right edges of the map, it often cannot be retrieved, and presumably despawns.
- If the Beach Ball is 'hit' at least 11 times without it hitting the ground, a message will appear 'Beach Ball was hit X times before hitting the ground.'