From Terraria Wiki
|Internal Item ID: 859|
The Beach Ball is a novelty item found in Water Chests. Using it creates an interactive beach ball for players to bounce around on their worlds. After 2 seconds of sitting still, it turns back into a dropped item that can be picked up again.
- The Ball reacts to blocks, doors, and liquid as boundaries and will bounce off them normally.
- When touching players, the Ball reacts as though it were struck, repelling away with increased velocity. This occurs even for players standing still, but more so if they are in motion, which can easily send the Ball flying off-screen.
- The Ball is not affected by NPCs or furniture, and weapons or tools used on them will simply pass through without interacting.
- If the Beach Ball travels off the left or right edges of the map, it often cannot be retrieved, and presumably despawns.
- If the Beach Ball is 'hit' more than at least 11 times without it hitting the ground, a message will appear 'Beach Ball was hit X times before hitting the ground.'
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Usable novelty items|
|Items that can be used for fun and don't cause functional effects. Decorative furniture not included.|
|From Party Girl||Bubble Machine • Fireworks Box • Firework Fountain • Bubble Wand • Confetti Gun • Firework Rockets • Smoke Bomb|
|Other||Beach Ball • Slime Gun • Love Potion • Stink Potion • Unicorn on a Stick • Water Gun • Whoopie Cushion|