|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a beam of light|
The Beam Sword is a rare Hardmode sword that fires a gold colored projectile. The projectile will travel a near-infinite distance, but is stopped by blocks and does not pierce enemies. With its rate of attack the player may be able to perform three "beamless" swings before it is ready to fire another beam. It can be obtained by killing Armored Skeletons, which have a 0.67% (1 in 150) chance of dropping it.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- The beam cannot penetrate terrain, or more than one enemy.
- The beam has an internal cooldown of approximately 1 second. The weapon cannot be switched to another item while the beam is on cool-down. The end of the cooldown is signaled by the same sound as your mana refilling.
- This weapon will not auto-swing, except in the Mobile version which has no auto-swing, since it uses a touch screen.
- If attacking an enemy at close range, the player can easily get two quick, simultaneous hits with the sword and beam combined.
- The "beam" also emits a faint light, making it useful for exploration.
- This sword is more powerful than the Excalibur.
- Hitting an enemy with the Beam of the sword will cancel the attack.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam Projectiles||Enchanted Sword • Beam Sword • True Excalibur • True Night's Edge • Terra Blade|
|Other Projectiles||Ice Blade • Starfury • Bee Keeper • Ice Sickle • Chlorophyte Claymore • Chlorophyte Saber • Frostbrand • Christmas Tree Sword|
|Projectile Only||Scourge of the Corruptor • Vampire Knives|