|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a beam of light|
|Internal Item ID: 723|
The Beam Sword is a rare Hardmode sword that fires a gold-colored projectile that also emits a small amount of light. It can be swung more frequently than its projectile can fire. It has a 1/150 (0.67%) chance of being dropped by Armored Skeletons.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The beam cannot penetrate terrain, or more than one enemy.
- The beam has an internal cooldown of approximately 1 second. The weapon cannot be switched to another item while the beam is on cool-down. The end of the cooldown is signaled by the same sound as your mana refilling.
- The Beam Sword sword is very similar to the Enchanted Sword, in appearence and in effect.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Hitting an enemy with the Beam of the sword will cancel the attack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sword may be a reference to the Master Sword used by Link in the Legend of Zelda series, as the appearance looks very much like the Master Sword. (The start of the blade near the guard being bigger than the rest of the blade.) Also, in the original Zelda when you had full health, you could shoot a beam.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam swords||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|