|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a beam of light|
The Beam Sword is a powerful, rare Hardmode sword that deals 52 damage and fires a gold colored projectile. The beam will travel a near-infinite distance, but is stopped by blocks and does not pierce enemies. With its rate of attack the player may be able to perform three "beamless" swings before it is ready to fire another. The speed of firing is not as fast as the swing. You can aim the beam anywhere it doesn't just have to be at the enemy you are attacking. It can be obtained by killing Armored Skeletons, which have a 0.67% (1 in 150) chance of dropping it.
- The beam cannot penetrate terrain, or more than one enemy.
- The beam has an internal cooldown of approximately 1 second.
- This weapon cannot autoswing.
- The weapon cannot be switched to another item while the beam is on cooldown
- If attacking an enemy from close range, the player can easily get two quick, simultaneous hits with the sword and beam combined.
- The "beam" also emits a faint light, making it useful for exploration.
- This sword is more powerful than the Excalibur, despite the latter having a higher rarity of Magenta.
- Hitting an enemy with the Beam of the sword will cancel the attack.
- It seems to be a more powerful version of the Enchanted Sword, and can be considered a direct upgrade.
- This sword could be a reference to the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda, which, in Link to the Past and the Oracle series, is colored similarly, and has the ability to fire beams.
- In this case, the fact that it is obtained from armored skeletons might reference the Hero's Shade, a Stalfos (armor-wearing skeleton) in Twilight Princess canonically stated to be a previous wielder of the Master Sword.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam Projectiles||Enchanted Sword • Beam Sword • True Excalibur • True Night's Edge • Terra Blade|
|Other Projectiles|| Ice Blade • Starfury • Bee Keeper • Ice Sickle • Chlorophyte Claymore • Chlorophyte Saber • Frostbrand|
Death Sickle • Christmas Tree Sword
|Melee Weapons ( Other) • Ranged Weapons ( Other) • Magic Weapons • Other Weapons|
|Ore Swords||Shortswords||Copper • Tin • Iron • Lead • Silver • Tungsten • Gold • Platinum|
|Broadswords||Copper • Tin • Iron • Lead • Silver • Tungsten • Gold • Platinum • Light's Bane • Blood Butcherer • Fiery Greatsword|
|Hardmode||Cobalt • Palladium • Mythril • Orichalcum • Adamantite • Titanium • Chlorophyte (Saber • Claymore)|
|Pre-Hardmode||Wooden Sword (Mahogany • Ebonwood • Shadewood) • Staff of Regrowth • Cactus Sword • Bladed Glove • Zombie Arm • Ice Blade • Candy Cane Sword • Katana • Bone Sword • Muramasa • Enchanted Sword • Phaseblade • Starfury • Bee Keeper • Blade of Grass • Night's Edge|
|Hardmode||Pearlwood Sword • Breaker Blade • Ice Sickle • Phasesaber • Excalibur • Frostbrand • Cutlass • Beam Sword • Keybrand • Death Sickle • True Excalibur • Christmas Tree Sword • The Horseman's Blade • True Night's Edge • Terra Blade • Tizona|