|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a beam of light|
|Internal Item ID: 723|
The Beam Sword is a rare Hardmode sword that fires a gold-colored projectile that also emits a small amount of light. It can be swung more frequently than its projectile can fire. It has a 1/150 (0.67%) chance of being dropped by Armored Skeletons.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The beam cannot penetrate terrain, or more than one enemy.
- The beam has an internal cooldown of approximately 1 second. The weapon cannot be switched to another item while the beam is on cool-down. The end of the cooldown is signaled by the same sound as your mana refilling.
- The Beam Sword sword is very similar to the Enchanted Sword, in appearance and in effect.
- Though it is generally a direct upgrade to said Enchanted Sword, it does not autoswing, while the Enchanted Sword does.
- In the Console version the beam sword will sometimes spawn worms when it would normally spawn the beam. (confirmed on Xbox one)
History[edit | edit source]
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Sword Projectiles||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|