Animation of the Beam Sword.
| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
The Beam Sword is a rare Hardmode sword that fires a gold colored projectile. The projectile will travel a near-infinite distance, but is stopped by blocks and does not pierce enemies. With its rate of attack the player may be able to perform three "beamless" swings before it is ready to fire another beam. It can be obtained by killing Armored Skeletons, which have a 0.67% (1 in 150) chance of dropping it.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- The beam cannot penetrate terrain, or more than one enemy.
- The beam has an internal cool-down of approximately 1 second.
- This weapon will not auto-swing.
- The weapon cannot be switched to another item while the beam is on cool-down
- If attacking an enemy from close range, the player can easily get two quick, simultaneous hits with the sword and beam combined.
- The "beam" also emits a faint light, making it useful for exploration.
- This sword is more powerful than the Excalibur.
- Hitting an enemy with the Beam of the sword will cancel the attack.
- It seems to be a more powerful version of the Enchanted Sword, and can be considered a direct upgrade.
- This sword could be a reference to the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda. Several other video games have since featured swords that fire sword-shaped beams. It is also graphically similar to the Master Sword, featuring the distinctive diamond protuberance on the blade above the hilt.