- For the background object, see Beehive.
A Bee Hive is a mini-biome located in the Underground Jungle. It is made from Hive blocks and contains Honey and typically one Larva. Destroying the Larva summons the Queen Bee boss. Any projectile, tool, weapon, or enemy will destroy the Larva, generally with a single hit, so caution should be taken around Larva when one is not ready to fight the Queen Bee.
Contents[edit | edit source]
From destroying Hive blocks:
|From Queen Bee:|| From Queen Bee (cont.):
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Where's My Honey? is the achievement you earn when you enter your first Bee Hive ( only).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the hive appears to not have Larva, do not swing your weapons under Honey unless you are ready to fight the Queen Bee. The Larva may spawn under the surface of the Honey, concealing the location of one or more Larvae. Destroying Larvae under honey may result in a surprise attack from the Queen Bee. Breaking Hive blocks will result in the spawning of a Bee and Honey.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Honey forms pools at the bottom of hives. The honey provides a regeneration buff, but it will greatly slow the player's mobility and make dodging difficult. Being stuck in the honey pool, combined with your ability to unintentionally spawn Queen Bee when hitting the larvae, can leave you susceptible to many hits from Queen Bee.
- Honey and Honey Blocks spawn naturally in small amounts in the vicinity of a Bee Hive, which can help in locating one.
- If the hive is large enough, one may be able to construct an arena out of it by clearing the walls of the hive and adding Wooden Platforms. This is not only useful for the Queen Bee fight, but also for the Plantera fight.
- Beware of pouring water onto the honey when the Larva is partly submerged into the honey pool, since water and honey create honey blocks. This will break the Larva, causing an unwanted fight to occur.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- More than one Bee Hive can exist in a world.
- The size of Bee Hives can influence the number of Larvae. Bee Hives usually have 1 larvae. Larger Hives can contain 2 Larvae, and smaller Hives have a low chance of containing no Larvae at all.
History[edit | edit source]
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • The Corruption • The Crimson • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Spider Nest • Bee Hive • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|
|Other||Living Tree • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Underground Cabin • Chasm • Pyramid • Jungle Shrine • Living Mahogany Tree • Ruined House|