|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Defense||61(Scale Mail) - 73(Shell)|
|Set Bonus|| Scale Mail: Beetles increase your melee damage and speed|
Shell: Beetles protect you from damage
|Sell||19 20 (set)|
Beetle armor is a Hardmode, post-Golem armor set with defensive and melee boosts. It is considered an upgrade of the Turtle armor set, and, prior to patch 1.3 was one of the 3 endgame armors available for the PC version, the others being Shroomite armor and Spectre armor.
Beetle armor has two chest piece options:
- Beetle Scale Mail offers the Beetle Might buff. This increases melee damage and speed by 10% when successfully attacking enemies. The boost is raised to 20% and 30% with further successive attacks. When the player stops attacking successfully for a period, the buff resets.
- The Beetle Shell offers the Beetle Endurance buff. When the player avoids taking damage, this buff reduces damage taken on the next hit by 15%, with further boosts to 30% and 45% if the player continues to avoid damage for longer durations. When the player takes damage thereafter, each hit lowers the boost applied to the next hit by one step. This buff features a visual effect showing one to three "beetles" flying around the player, signifying the 15%, 30%, or 45% damage reduction boost currently in effect.
Crafting the full set with one chest piece requires 18 Beetle Husks, 54 Chlorophyte Bars (or 324 pieces of Chlorophyte Ore), and 3 Turtle Shells. Crafting all four pieces from scratch requires 26 Beetle Husks, 78 Chlorophyte Bars (or 468 pieces of Chlorophyte Ore), and 4 Turtle Shells.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the Beetle Shell is equipped without any items occupying the social slot, Wings will not appear unless the player is in mid-air, similar to the Turtle Armor, Leaf Blower, and Heat Ray.
- The Endurance Potion stacks with the Beetle Endurance buff.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Beetle Armor is not entirely an upgrade from Turtle armor. The Turtle armor strikes a nice balance between offense and defense, whereas the Beetle Armor will sacrifice one for the other and lacks the Turtle armor's damage reflection set bonus.
- It is possible to reach a defense of over 100 without buffs by wearing the full set with the Shell, a Paladin's Shield, and all accessories reforged to Warding.
Set[edit | edit source]
Chest variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- With the full Beetle Endurance buff and a Lifeforce Potion and/or Endurance Potion, it is possible to not be one-hit-killed by the Dungeon Guardian.
- The Beetle Armor set (as of 1.2.3) is the first and only armor set to have multiple chest piece variants as opposed to helmet variants.
History[edit | edit source]
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings • Solar Wings • Vortex Booster • Nebula Mantle • Stardust Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor • Solar Flare armor • Vortex armor • Nebula armor • Stardust armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen • Martian Saucer • Lunatic Cultist • Celestial Tower • Moon Lord|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Ancient Manipulator • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Spectre Bar • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk • Luminite Bar • Solar Fragment • Vortex Fragment • Nebula Fragment • Stardust Fragment|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon • Martian Madness • Lunar Event|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper • Laser Drill • Solar Flare Pickaxe • Solar Flare Axe • Solar Flare Hamaxe • Solar Flare Hammer • Solar Flare Drill • Solar Flare Chainsaw • Vortex Pickaxe • Vortex Axe • Vortex Hamaxe • Vortex Hammer • Vortex Drill • Vortex Chainsaw • Nebula Pickaxe • Nebula Axe • Nebula Hamaxe • Nebula Hammer • Nebula Drill • Nebula Chainsaw • Stardust Pickaxe • Stardust Axe • Stardust Hamaxe • Stardust Hammer • Stardust Drill • Stardust Chainsaw • Drill Containment Unit|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun • Laser Machinegun • Xenopopper • Electrosphere Launcher • Charged Blaster Cannon • Influx Waver • Solar Eruption • Daybreak • Vortex Beater • Phantasm • Nebula Arcanum • Nebula Blaze • Stardust Cell Staff • Stardust Dragon Staff • Star Wrath • Celebration • Last Prism • Lunar Flare • Rainbow Crystal Staff • Lunar Portal Staff • S.D.M.G. • Terrarian • Meowmere|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|