The Blindfold is a Hardmode accessory that has a 1% / 2% (1/100 / 1/50) chance to drop from a Corrupt Slime, Slimeling, or Dark Mummy. This item grants immunity for the equipped player to the Darkness debuff; however, it will not protect the player from Blackout or Obstructed.
It is one of the ingredients required to make the Ankh Charm, which is in turn required to make the Ankh Shield.
- Due to the fact that the Corrupt Slimes and the Slimelings are both only found in Corruption worlds, and that Dark Mummies are somewhat rare on top of requiring at least one section of Corrupt/Crimson desert, players with Crimson worlds may have more trouble getting this accessory.
- Despite inflicting Darkness, neither Black Slimes nor Demons can drop Blindfolds.
- While it prevents darkness in-game, in reality it provides Darkness.
- The Blindfold will only be visible on the player if no helmet is equipped. This can be bypassed with a Familiar Wig.
- The Blindfold is the only accessory used in the Ankh Charm that isn't a combination of two others.
- The Blindfold is the only Ankh Charm material that is visible when worn.