|Use time||10 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 1931|
The Blizzard Staff is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that summons a storm of non-piercing icicles from above that travel in the general direction of the cursor. Four projectiles are fired per "swing" (10 frames). The Blizzard Staff is dropped by the Ice Queen during the Frost Moon event. The Lunar Flare behaves very similarly to this weapon, except that its projectiles travel through walls, are more precise, and have a higher DPS, making the Lunar Flare essentially a direct upgrade. In turn, the Blizzard Staff can be considered a direct upgrade of the Meteor Staff.
Its best Modifier is Mythical
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Projectiles spawned within blocks travel through them to an extent, similar to the Star Veil or Starfury, but not as reliably. The Blizzard Staff's projectiles are more likely to be obstructed by ceilings before they reach the player's depth. Therefore, it is much more effective in open areas on the surface or in underground areas with very high ceilings.
- The velocity of the projectiles is reduced when passing through liquids.
- On the Console versions, the Blizzard Staff's range is reduced to the player's normal reach.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mana cost increased from 5 to 9.
- Fixed bug where the Blizzard Staff could shoot upwards if you were standing on the bottom of The Underworld.
- 1.2.2: Introduced.