| PC-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the PC version of Terraria.
Animation of the Blizzard Staff.
The Blizzard Staff is a magic weapon dropped by the Ice Queen during the Frost Moon. It calls down a storm of icicles from above towards wherever the mouse cursor is pointing.
It fires four non-piercing projectiles per animation (10 frames). Like most magic weapons, the best prefix is "Mythical". It has one of the highest single target DPS (damage per second) in the game. It can also be used with Wings and Spectre Armor to form a surface area clear, decimating most invasions.
- The Blizzard Staff can only be effective when used on the surface or a cave with a very high ceiling, since the projectiles do not go through blocks, unlike that of the Star Veil or Starfury.
- Some projectiles may hit blocks approximately 5-10 blocks off of your screen.
- Projectiles fired underground go through blocks and hit the first surface that they come in contact with.
- Projectile's velocity is slowed when they come in to contact with water.
- This weapon has the second highest DPS of any magic weapon in the game, falling just barely behind the Bubble Gun. However, because of the Bubble Gun's short range and wide spread, one may consider the Blizzard Staff better for surface combat.
- 1.2.3: Mana cost increased from 5 to 9. Fixed bug where blizzard staff could shoot upwards if you stand in hell's bottom.
- 1.2.2: Introduced.