Bones are thrown consumable weapons that can also be used as crafting material. They are dropped by Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls in the Dungeon.
When used as weapons, Bones have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even if they hit enemies. They are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Throwing Knives and Shurikens. Of the three consumable throwing weapons, Bones have the least range (Throwing Knives having the greatest).
Bones can be placed as blocks using the Bone Wand, upon which they become Bone Blocks. The Bone Glove, an Expert mode-exclusive weapon, uses Bones as ammunition.
- On the Desktop version, the Skeleton Merchant will use Bones to defend himself if needed. However, the bones thrown by him are not retrievable.
- On the Mobile version and version, Bones can be obtained by normal Skeletons, thus making the player able to make the Necro Armor before entering the Dungeon. Bones also have a 1/2 chance of being doubled after thrown, making this a free source of money and ammo.
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Damage decreased from 22 to 20.
- Knockback from 4 to 2.3.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Thrown.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: More Furniture craftable items.
- Drop rate increased significantly.
- Now also dropped by Cursed Skulls.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.