Bones are thrown consumable weapons that can also be used as crafting material. They are dropped by Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls in the Dungeon. On the Mobile version and version, Bones are also dropped by normal Skeletons.
When used as weapons, Bones have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even if they hit enemies. They are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Throwing Knives and Shurikens. Of these three consumable throwing weapons, Bones have the least range (Throwing Knives having the greatest).
Bones can be placed as blocks using the Bone Wand, upon which they become Bone Blocks. The Bone Glove, an Expert mode-exclusive weapon, uses Bones as ammunition.
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Damage decreased from 22 to 20.
- Knockback from 4 to 2.3.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Thrown.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: More Furniture craftable items.
- Drop rate increased significantly.
- Now also dropped by Cursed Skulls.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.