Bones are thrown consumable weapons that can also be used as crafting material. They are dropped by Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls in the Dungeon.
When used as weapons, Bones have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even if they hit enemies. They are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Throwing Knives and Shurikens. Of the three consumable throwing weapons, Bones have the least range (Throwing Knives having the greatest).
Bones can be placed as blocks using the Bone Wand, upon which they become Bone Blocks. The Bone Glove uses Bones as ammunition.
- The Skeleton Merchant will use Bones to defend himself if needed. However, any bones thrown by him will not have a chance be retrievable.
- 126.96.36.199: Damage decreased from 22 to 20 and knockback from 4 to 2.3
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: More Furniture craftable items.
- 1.0.6: Drop rate increased significantly. Now also dropped by Cursed Skulls.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.