Bones are thrown consumable weapons that can also be used as crafting material. They are dropped by Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls in the Dungeon.
When used as weapons, Bones have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even if they hit enemies. They are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Throwing Knives and Shurikens. Of the three consumable throwing weapons, Bones have the least range (Throwing Knives having the greatest).
Bones can be placed as blocks using the Bone Wand, upon which they become Bone Blocks. The Bone Wand uses Bones as ammunition.
- Bones may surprisingly make a useful ranged weapon during Hardmode, as their DPS (damage-per-second) is 120, which is only 3 lower than the Stynger and 3 higher than the Adamantite Repeater, though it would basically not be recommended as it has a much shorter range than the two weapons, plus being semi-automatic.
- 18.104.22.168: Damage decreased from 22 to 20 and knockback from 4 to 2.3
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: More Furniture craftable items.
- 1.0.6: Drop rate increased significantly. Now also dropped by Cursed Skulls.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.