|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Internal Item ID: 426|
- Not to be confused with The Breaker, the Demonite hammer.
The Breaker Blade is a Hardmode sword. It is the largest sword in the game, giving it the greatest melee reach of all swords, though it obviously cannot compete in range with those that fire projectiles. It has a 16.6% (1 in 6) chance to drop from the Wall of Flesh, though this chance doubles to 33.3% (1 in 3) in Expert mode.
The best Modifier available to the Breaker Blade is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because of its slow swing, the Breaker Blade can hit the same enemy multiple times in a single swing, somewhat compensating for its slow use time. However, its relatively high knockback often sends enemies flying out of its range before this can occur.
- Even though this weapon is acquired at the beginning of Hardmode, it is outperformed in damage by the Night's Edge, as well as being considerably slower. As it has no other special traits- it inflicts no debuffs, fires no projectiles and even emits no light when swung- the Breaker Blade sees limited use.
- The Breaker Blade cannot actually be used to break Blocks.
- The Breaker Blade is a reference to Cloud's Buster Sword (Final Fantasy series).
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.1: Introduced.