| Broken Hero Sword
|| Crafting material
| Max stack
| PC-Only Content |
This information (or parts of it) applies only to the PC version of Terraria.
The Broken Hero Sword is a high-tier Hardmode material, and cannot be used by itself offensively. The Broken Hero Sword has a 1 in 250 chance of dropping from either a Frankenstein or Swamp Thing during a Solar Eclipse, which can only happen in a Hardmode world.
 Used in
- This item may be an allusion to the classic literary trope of the disgraced or defeated hero who must repair their sword.
- With this in mind, and given the appearance, it may be a reference to Riven's sword from League of Legends.
- It may also be an allusion to the similar trope of taking up the weapon of a past hero (perhaps killed by the monster dropping this item) to fulfill a destiny.
- Building on this, it might be a reference to the Shards of Narsil, the sword which severed the One Ring from Sauron's hand in the popular book series/movie series The Lord of the Rings.
- It may be a reference to the Broken Gorons Sword from The Legend of Zelda.