The Broken Hero Sword is a Hardmode crafting material. It is not itself a weapon, and cannot be swung, reforged, or placed on a Weapon Rack. It is dropped during the Solar Eclipse event. On the Desktop version, the Broken Hero Sword has 25% chance of being dropped by Mothron, which starts to spawn after all three Mechanical Bosses have been defeated. On the Console version and Mobile version, it is instead dropped by Frankensteins and Swamp Things.
Mobile and Console Versions[edit | edit source]
- Given the drop rate, it can be a good idea to use Water Candles and/or Battle Potions during a Solar Eclipse, to increase the chances of having more multiples dropped.
- As of 188.8.131.52 it is now more profitable to turn excess Broken Hero Swords into True Excaliburs, as long as you have surplus of Hallowed Bars. Base sell value of that item is 10 , with the next best alternative use for the Bars selling for 5 , resulting in a net profit of an additional 3 per Broken Hero Sword.
- This item is an allusion to the classic literary trope of the disgraced or defeated hero who must repair their sword, or the similar trope of taking up the weapon of a past hero (perhaps killed by the monster dropping this item) to fulfill a destiny.
- With the new update, possibly one reason why the Broken Hero Swords are no longer dropped by Frankensteins and Swamp Things is to prevent the player from obtaining the Terra Blade way early on.
- 184.108.40.206: No longer used to directly craft the Terra Blade.
- No longer dropped by Frankensteins and Swamp Things, now only drops from Mothron.
- 1.2: Introduced.