Broken Hero Sword
|Broken Hero Sword|
The Broken Hero Sword is a high-tier Hardmode crafting material. It is not itself a weapon and cannot be swung, reforged or placed on a Weapon Rack. The Broken Hero Sword has a 1 in 250 chance (0.4%) of dropping from either a Frankenstein or Swamp Thing during a Solar Eclipse, which can only happen in a Hardmode world.
- Given the drop rate, and that three Broken Hero Swords are needed to craft the Terra Blade, it can be a good idea for high tier characters to use Water Candles and/or Battle Potions during a Solar Eclipse , to increase the player's chances of getting three.
- The Broken Hero Sword is quite useless after obtaining the Terra Blade other than selling it.
- To get more money than selling them directly, try crafting the True versions of Nights Edge and Excalibur. This yields the most return(both True swords are worth 10 gold. Making the Terra Blade(20 gold) essentially throws away the 2 gold the third broken sword is worth)
- This item could be a cross-reference to the Broken Hero Sword item in Starbound.
- This item is an allusion to the classic literary trope of the disgraced or defeated hero who must repair their sword, or the similar trope of taking up the weapon of a past hero (perhaps killed by the monster dropping this item) to fulfill a destiny.
- 1.2: Introduced.