Broken Hero Sword
|Broken Hero Sword|
|Internal Item ID: 1570|
The Broken Hero Sword is a Hardmode crafting material. It is not itself a weapon and cannot be swung, reforged or placed on a Weapon Rack. It is dropped during the Solar Eclipse event, but what it drops from varies by platform.
On the Desktop version, the Broken Hero Sword has a 25% (30.94%) chance of being dropped by Mothron, which starts to spawn after all three Mechanical Bosses have been defeated. On the Console versions and Mobile versions, it is instead dropped by Frankensteins and Swamp Things, with a 0.4% (1/250) chance to drop. Frankenstein and Swamp Thing spawn during a Solar Eclipse.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
All versions[edit | edit source]
Mobile and Console Versions[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Given the drop rate, it can be a good idea to use Water Candles and/or Battle Potions during a Solar Eclipse, to increase the chances of having multiple Broken Hero Swords dropped.
- As of 126.96.36.199 it is more profitable to craft excess Broken Hero Swords into True Excaliburs, as long as you have a surplus of Hallowed Bars.
- Comparing the sell values of True Excalibur and its components:
- True Excalibur's base value is 10
- 12 Hallowed Bars' value is 4 80
- Broken Hero Sword's value is 2 .
- True Excalibur's base value is 3 20 more than its components.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is an allusion to the classic literary trope of the disgraced or defeated hero who must repair their sword, or the similar trope of taking up the weapon of a past hero (perhaps killed by the monster dropping this item) to fulfill a destiny.