Broken Hero Sword
|Broken Hero Sword|
The Broken Hero Sword is a high-tier Hardmode crafting material. It is not itself a weapon and cannot be swung, reforged or placed on a Weapon Rack. The Broken Hero Sword has a 1 in 250 chance (0.4%) of dropping from either a Frankenstein or Swamp Thing during a Solar Eclipse, which can only happen in a Hardmode world.
- Given the drop rate, and that three Broken Hero Swords are needed to craft the Terra Blade, it can be a good idea for high tier characters to use Water Candles and/or Battle Potions during a Solar Eclipse, to increase the player's chances of getting three.
- The Broken Hero Sword is quite useless after obtaining the Terra Blade other than selling it.
- Selling the True Night's Edge and True Excalibur for 10 each and the Broken Hero Sword for 2 is more profitable than selling the Terra Blade for 20 ; while the Broken Hero Sword more than doubles the sell value of the Night's Edge and Excalibur, the worth of the one used to combine them is lost entirely.
- This item is an allusion to the classic literary trope of the disgraced or defeated hero who must repair their sword, or the similar trope of taking up the weapon of a past hero (perhaps killed by the monster dropping this item) to fulfill a destiny.
- This item could be a cross-reference to the Broken Hero Sword item in Starbound.
- 1.2: Introduced.