The Broken Hero Sword is a Hardmode Crafting material. It is not itself a weapon and therefore, cannot be swung, reforged, or placed on a Weapon Rack. It is dropped by certain Enemies during the Solar Eclipse Event that varies by platform. On the Desktop version, the Broken Hero Sword has a 25% (30.94% ) chance of being dropped by Mothron, which starts to spawn after all three Mechanical Bosses have been defeated. On the Console version, Mobile version, and version, it is instead dropped by Frankensteins and Swamp Things, with a 0.4% (1/250) chance.
Console, Mobile, and 3DS Versions[edit | edit source]
- Comparing the sell values of True Excalibur and its components:
- True Excalibur's base value is 10
- 12 Hallowed Bars' value is 4 80
- Broken Hero Sword's value is 2 .
- True Excalibur's base value is 3 20 more than its components.
- This item is an allusion to the classic literary trope of the disgraced or defeated hero who must repair their sword, or the similar trope of taking up the weapon of a past hero (perhaps killed by the monster dropping this item) to fulfill a destiny.