The Celestial Shell is a Hardmode, post-Golem accessory that combines the stat-boosting powers of the Celestial Stone with the transformation powers of the Moon Shell, allowing both of their effects to happen simultaneously while taking only one accessory slot.
- +10% melee speed
- +10% damage
- +2% critical strike chance
- +1 HP/s life regeneration
- +4 defense
- +15% mining speed
- +50% minion knockback
- Can't drown in water
- Can swim in water
- Move at regular speed in water
| Werewolf form (added at night, while not underwater):
- +2% Melee critical hit chance
- +5.1% Melee damage
- +5.1% Melee speed
- +5% Movement speed
- +3 Defense
- Slightly increased jump height and jump speed
- +0.5 HP/s life regeneration
- The effects of the Celestial Shell also stack with the effects of the Celestial Stone, Moon Stone, and Sun Stone.
- The Merfolk buffs work even when the player is riding underwater-compatible mounts, such as Drill Containment Unit or Shrimpy Truffle.
- Wearing the Celestial Shell in a vanity slot will instantly change your appearance into a werewolf - even during daytime, though you will still change into a merfolk under water. Since it is only vanity, no boosts are given.
- Despite being equipped in the accessory slot, dyes will only modify the transformations if placed in the armor dye slots. The helmet slot dyes the head, the chest plate dyes the body, and leggings dye the legs.
- 184.108.40.206: Can now hide the Celestial Shell's werewolf and merfolk transformation.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.