|Knockback||1.75 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||4 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip||50% chance to not consume ammo|
|Internal Item ID: 1929|
The Chain Gun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera Gun that fires Bullets. It has a 50% chance of not consuming Ammunition, but fires in random directions over a wide spread, similar to the Gatligator. It is dropped semi-rarely (8.33-12.5% chance) by Santa-NK1 during the Frost Moon event.
Its best Modifier is Godly or Rapid.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Chlorophyte Bullets pair well, as their homing ability negates the gun's singular weakness of accuracy.
- When forged with the Rapid or Frenzying prefix, the Chain Gun will gain 25% speed. This happens due to rounding down its already insane shooting speed (4 to 3). The Godly prefix is better for players preferring to save ammo, at the cost of less damage. DPS for Godly:
DPS=(36+bullet-roundup(def/2))*60/4*1.09. The DPS for Rapid:
- This weapon may be a good option for damaging enemies very quickly to proc abilities like the Nebula Armor's.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The gun appears to be a smaller version of Santa-NK1's arm.
- A Chain Gun with Rapid or Frenzying as a prefix will have a use time of 3, which is the fastest of any ranged weapon in the game. The S.D.M.G. does more damage yet fires slightly slower.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.2: Introduced.