The Chaos Elemental is a Hardmode enemy that spawns in the Underground Hallow. It runs around and teleports quickly and chaotically (hence the name), attempting to damage the player by making contact.
Like many Underground Hallow enemies, Chaos Elementals have a glowing pink afterimage.
- Chaos Elementals will teleport anywhere in a random position within 20 tiles from their target, but at least 4 tiles away, and only into a space that is at least 4 blocks tall and 3 blocks wide. They will not teleport into Lava, though they can easily fall into it after teleporting.
- Chaos Elementals will not spawn near NPCs Towns.
- Chaos Elementals are immune to the Cursed Inferno debuff.
- If the player is in an area of land above lava with an area of space too small for the Chaos Elemental to properly teleport onto, it may continuously teleport onto it, before falling into lava instantly after it had teleported. Once it has fallen into lava it will lose health and teleport back to it's original position of falling, creating a cycle leading to its death and/or other Chaos Elemental deaths.
- The Chaos Elemental is currently the only enemy capable of traveling via both teleportation and normal movement. All other teleporting enemies follow the Caster AI, which does not allow them to walk or jump. The Chaos Elemental also differs from Casters in that it does not fire ranged projectiles.
- the appearance of the chaos elemental may be a reference to an enemy from the supermen comicbook series called the parasite who attacks his enemys by touching them.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Angler Fish • Arch Wyvern • Armored Skeleton • Chaos Elemental • Clinger • Clown • Corruptor • Cursed Hammer • Digger|
Enchanted Sword • Frost Legion • Gastropod • Giant Bat • Green Jellyfish • Illuminant Bat • Illuminant Slime • Mimic • Mummy • Pixie
Possessed Armor • Skeleton Archer • Slimer • Toxic Sludge • Unicorn • Wandering Eye • Werewolf • World Feeder • Wraith • Wyvern