Chlorophyte Bars are crafted from 6 Chlorophyte Ore, a Post-Mechanical Boss Hardmode ore which can be found in the Underground Jungle, or grown in mud.
Crafting all Chlorophyte equipment, excluding the ammo, Spectre equipment and Shroomite Bars, requires 288 Chlorophyte Bars, or a total of 1,728 Chlorophyte Ore.
A full set of Chlorophyte armor requires 54 Chlorophyte Bars, or 324 Chlorophyte Ore. Crafting the full set with every helmet type requires 468 Chlorophyte Ore.
Making at minimum one of everything you can make with Chlorophyte Bars requires 2,031 bars, or 12,186 Chlorophyte Ore.
Mobile and Console Versions[edit | edit source]
- The name comes from "chlorophyll," the green pigment in the chloroplasts of plant cells. This is likely because the ore itself is green and acts like a slow-growing plant when placed in mud.
- On mobile, Chlorophyte can be very rarely found in the jungle before Hardmode, making it obtainable early, but mining it still requires at least the Pickaxe Axe Or Drax.
- Selling the bar rather than the ore yields 54 more per bar.
- A number of Post-Plantera armors are crafted from Chlorophyte so you may want to get as much as you can.
- Chlorophyte is very valuable due to it being required to make turtle armor and further to make beetle armor, a powerful end-game armor set known for excellent defense.
- Sprite updated.
- No longer used in the crafting of all Spectre armor and equipment. Instead used to craft Spectre Bars.
- 1.2.3: Now used in the crafting of the Venom Staff.
- 1.2.1: Now used in the crafting of all Spectre armor and equipment.
- 1.2: Introduced.