Chlorophyte Bullets are late-game bullets with homing capability, used as gun ammunition. While expensive to craft due to the Chlorophyte Bars in their recipe, and having an average base damage (10), this is offset by their strong homing ability. Bullets can turn sharply and even curve instantly around to hit enemies behind the player. Chlorophyte Bullets are ideal when precision is required: Just aim in the general direction of your target and the bullets will take care of the rest.
These bullets are fairly efficient, as few will be wasted (by missing) in most conditions. However, caution should be used in tight or enclosed areas: the bullets will home through solid blocks, wasting shots if an enemy is on the other side. Shots will also home in on the closest target first. If a target is killed while a bullet is tracking it, the shot will continue in a straight line like a normal bullet. Chlorophyte Bullets will not switch targets even if they are within homing range. Also note that the bullets, while having a fairly tight/small turning radius, require a reasonable amount of clearance for U-turns. Insufficient clearance will result in them hitting blocks and being wasted.
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
vs Crystal Bullets
- Higher base damage rate
- Seeks enemies
- Always on target
- Far less effective against Skeletron Prime during the day, and the Dungeon Guardian
- No damage spread to other enemies upon impact, only hits one target
- More expensive to make
- In PvP, Chlorophyte Bullets will not home in on players.
- Chlorophyte Bullets pair well with guns that compromise on accuracy in favor of a high fire rate or wide spread, and/or a chance to not consume ammunition, eg. the various shotguns or the Chain Gun. The homing effect negates the spread, and low ammo consumption lowers the expense of keeping this ammunition stocked.
- An excellent choice for the Sniper Rifle, as its high base damage combined with automatic targeting will likely kill nearly every enemy with a single shot.
- This bullet also has a devastating effect when used with a Shotgun, as every bullet has a nearly guaranteed hit chance.
| Bullets |
|Musket Ball • Crystal • Silver • Meteor Shot • Party • Golden • High Velocity • Nano • Exploding • Chlorophyte • Cursed • Ichor • Venom|