| Chlorophyte Ore
|| Ore – Crafting material
| Max stack
|| Light Green
| Use time
|| Reacts to the light
| PC-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the PC version of Terraria.
Chlorophyte is a Hardmode ore found in the Underground Jungle. A pickaxe or drill with at least 200% pickaxe power is required to mine it (Drax or Pickaxe Axe and above). When Hardmode starts, Mud and Jungle Grass located in the Underground Jungle will begin to convert into Chlorophyte Ore. Once seeded, it will spread to adjacent Mud and Jungle Grass blocks.
Image of Chlorophyte growing just above the Cavern layer.
- Chlorophyte will only spread in Hardmode worlds, and spreads rather slowly.
- It will only seed naturally in the Underground Jungle, but does not require Underground Jungle in order to spread. Chlorophyte can be seeded by the player in any underground biome, but requires a depth at least halfway between the Surface and the Cavern layer (halfway into the Underground layer and below).
- Chlorophyte can spread much more in the Cavern layer and below than it can above the Cavern layer:
- In the Cavern layer and below, Chlorophyte can spread to a maximum of 24 blocks within a 38 tile range, or 110 blocks within a 95 tile range.
- From the Cavern layer to the mid-Underground layer, the maximum is 11 Chlorophyte blocks in a 57 tile range, or 55 blocks in a 143 tile range.
- Try to leave one block of ore left from every deposit you mine and you can come back later to find it has replenished itself with the surrounding mud.
- Buy the Clentaminator from the Steampunker and the dark blue solution from the Truffle, then spray the Underground Jungle with the Clentaminator. This will create a mushroom biome in the jungle, making Chlorophyte much easier to see due to the glowing grass and color contrast.
- The full screen minimap shows Chlorophyte Ore and thus can help finding it quickly.
- To make easier to expand the chlorophyte ores in mud squares, use glowing mushroom seeds on their surface.
- Of all ores, Chlorophyte is used to craft the highest tier items. It is used in the crafting recipe of all the end-game armor sets (Shroomite, Spectre and Turtle armor sets, and by extension, Beetle armor as well).
Chlorophyte Ore has a tendency to convert mud without immediately changing the mud's appearance. Re-joining the server or otherwise reloading affected tiles will remedy this visually and the converted mud blocks will still yield the ore either way.
 Used in
- The name Chlorophyte comes from Chlorophyll, the color pigment responsible for photosynthesis. The tooltip "Reacts to the light" supports this. Chloros is also the Greek word for "green".
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999, but is now rarer and grows slower.
- 126.96.36.199: Chlorophyte tools can now mine Chlorophyte.
- 188.8.131.52: Can no longer be mined by bombs.
- 1.2: Introduced.