Chlorophyte Ore is a Hardmode ore found in the Underground Jungle that is used to craft Chlorophyte Bars. When Hardmode starts, Mud and Jungle Grass located in the Underground Jungle will begin to convert into Chlorophyte Ore. A Pickaxe or Drill with at least 200% pickaxe power is required to mine it, meaning it requires the Pickaxe Axe or Drax at the very least, whose materials require killing all 3 mechanical bosses.
Chlorophyte Ore will spread itself by converting nearby Mud and Jungle Grass blocks into more Chlorophyte Ore. Though it can only spawn naturally in the Underground Jungle, a block of Chlorophyte Ore does not need to be in an Underground Jungle to spread to nearby Mud, allowing it to be "replanted" and artificially seeded. On the desktop and mobile versions, Chlorophyte will also attempt to spread by converting nearby Dirt blocks, as well as Corrupt, Crimson and normal Grass, into Mud. However, Chlorophyte Ore's rate of spread decreases as more appears in a small area, preventing its spread from exploding like the Corruption, Crimson, or Hallow.
Image of Chlorophyte growing just above the Cavern layer.
- For in-depth farming techniques, see Guide:Chlorophyte Ore Farming.
- Chlorophyte will only spread in a Hardmode world.
- On the PC and mobile versions, Chlorophyte Ore's spread mechanics grant the Underground Jungle some resistance against The Corruption and The Crimson's destructive effects. However, these biomes will still spread through Stone Blocks, and more importantly, Chlorophyte Ore will not regrow or convert other jungle features such as grass or trees.
- Despite being mud-based, Chlorophyte Ore cannot convert Mushroom Grass blocks.
- Selling the bar rather than the ore yields 54 more per bar.
- Chlorophyte Ore requires the most ore per bar (6 each).
- The name Chlorophyte is derived from Chlorophyll, the color pigment responsible for photosynthesis, plus the common rock suffix -ite.
- The suffix -phyte also signifies a relation to organic or plant matter.
- Chlorophyta is a division of green algae, informally called chlorophytes.
- Chlorophyte can grow in bigger chunks now.
- Chlorophyte ore is now allowed to revert Crimson and Corruption grass to normal grass, and convert Dirt into Mud.
- Placed Chlorophyte has a new texture.
- Can now be crafted into bricks.
- Sell price increased from 50 to 6 .
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999, but is now rarer and grows slower.
- 22.214.171.124: Chlorophyte tools can now mine Chlorophyte.
- 126.96.36.199: Can no longer be mined by bombs.
- 1.2: Introduced.