| Chlorophyte Ore
|| Ore – Crafting material
| Max stack
| Use time
|| Reacts to the light
| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
Chlorophyte is a Hardmode ore found in the Underground Jungle. When Hardmode starts, Mud and Jungle Grass located in the Underground Jungle will begin to convert into Chlorophyte Ore. Once seeded, it will spread to adjacent Mud and Jungle Grass blocks. A pickaxe or drill with at least 200% pickaxe power is required to mine it.
There are only 7 tools with 200% or more pickaxe power. Of them, 4 require Chlorophyte Bars or Shroomite Bars (made from Chlorophyte). This means the only options for initially obtaining Chlorophyte Ore are the Pickaxe Axe/Drax, whose materials require killing all 3 mechanical bosses, or the Picksaw, which has a chance to drop from Golem.
Image of Chlorophyte growing just above the Cavern layer.
- Chlorophyte will only spread in Hardmode worlds, and spreads rather slowly.
- Chlorophyte does not need any kind of lighting to spread.
- It will only seed naturally in the Underground Jungle, but does not require Underground Jungle in order to spread. Chlorophyte can be seeded by the player in any underground biome, but requires a depth at least halfway between the Surface and the Cavern layer (halfway into the Underground layer and below). Chlorophyte will also grow as deep in the Underworld.
- Chlorophyte can spread much more in the Cavern layer and below than it can above the Cavern layer:
- From the mid-Underground layer to the Cavern layer, the maximum is 12 Chlorophyte blocks in a 57 tile range and 55 blocks in a 143 tile range.
- In the Cavern layer and below, Chlorophyte can spread to a maximum of 24 blocks within a 38 tile range and 110 blocks within a 95 tile range.
- Chlorophyte will spread even with player-placed background walls behind it, allowing for enemy free farms.
- Try to leave one block of ore left from every deposit you mine and you can come back later to find it has replenished itself with the surrounding mud.
- Buy the Clentaminator from the Steampunker and the dark blue solution from the Truffle, then spray the Underground Jungle with the Clentaminator. This will create a mushroom biome in the jungle, making Chlorophyte much easier to see due to the glowing grass and color contrast.
- The full-screen minimap shows Chlorophyte Ore and thus can help in finding it quickly.
- The name Chlorophyte comes from Chlorophyll, the color pigment responsible for photosynthesis. The tooltip "Reacts to the light" supports this. Chloros is also the Greek word for "green". The name could also come from Chlorophyta, a genus of green algae. A member of the Chlorophyta genus is sometimes called a chlorophyte.
- Chlorophyte Ore requires the most ore per bar (6 ore per bar).
Chlorophyte Ore has a tendency to convert mud without immediately changing the mud's appearance. Re-joining the server or otherwise reloading affected tiles will remedy this visually and the converted mud blocks will still yield the ore either way.
Adamantite Drill may mine chlorophyte.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999, but is now rarer and grows slower.
- 188.8.131.52: Chlorophyte tools can now mine Chlorophyte.
- 184.108.40.206: Can no longer be mined by bombs.
- 1.2: Introduced.