|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Reacts to the light|
Chlorophyte is a Hardmode ore found in the Underground Jungle. A pickaxe or drill with at least 200% pickaxe power is required to mine it (Drax or Pickaxe Axe and above). When Hardmode starts, Mud and Jungle Grass located in the Underground Jungle will begin to convert into Chlorophyte Ore. Once seeded, it will spread to adjacent Mud and Jungle Grass blocks.
- Chlorophyte will only spread in Hardmode worlds, and spreads rather slowly.
- It will only seed naturally in the Underground Jungle, but does not require Underground Jungle in order to spread. Chlorophyte can be seeded by the player in any underground biome, but requires a depth at least halfway between the Surface and the Cavern layer (halfway into the Underground layer and below).
- Chlorophyte can spread much more in the Cavern layer and below than it can above the Cavern layer:
- In the Cavern layer and below, Chlorophyte can spread to a maximum of 24 blocks within a 38 tile range, or 110 blocks within a 95 tile range.
- From the Cavern layer to the mid-Underground layer, the maximum is 11 Chlorophyte blocks in a 57 tile range, or 55 blocks in a 143 tile range.
- Try to leave one block of ore left from every deposit you mine and you can come back later to find it has replenished itself with the surrounding mud.
- Buy the Clentaminator from the Steampunker and the dark blue solution from the Truffle, then spray the Underground Jungle with the Clentaminator. This will create a mushroom biome in the jungle, making Chlorophyte much easier to see due to the glowing grass and color contrast.
- The full screen minimap shows Chlorophyte Ore and thus can help finding it quickly.
- To make easier to expand the chlorophyte ores in mud squares, use glowing mushroom seeds on their surface.
 Used in
- The name Chlorophyte is most likely a reference to chloroplast, Chlorophyta or chlorophyll, which explains why the tooltip says "Reacts to the light." In real life, chloroplasts are the sugar-producing organelles of photosynthetic plants, Chlorophyta are a taxonomic division of algae, and chlorophyll is a green pigment used in photosynthesis.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999, but is now rarer and grows slower.
- 184.108.40.206: Chlorophyte tools can now mine Chlorophyte.
- 220.127.116.11: Can no longer be mined by bombs.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Copper • Iron • Silver • Gold|
Tin • Lead • Tungsten • Platinum
Demonite • Crimtane • Meteorite • (Hellstone + Obsidian)
Cobalt • Mythril • Adamantite
Palladium • Orichalcum • Titanium
|Ore • Bar|
Chainsaw • Drill • Pickaxe • Greataxe • Jackhammer • Warhammer
Saber • Claymore • Partisan • Shotbow • Arrow • Bullet