|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Reacts to the light|
Once hardmode starts, Chlorophyte Ore will start to grow, converting Mud and Jungle Grass into more Chlorophyte, and there is also a small chance for Jungle Grass to quickly spawn Chlorophyte Ore in Mud within ten tiles distance. However, all of this only occurs at the Underground Jungle level. Chlorophyte Ore will not grow or spawn if there are more than 26 Chlorophyte blocks within 30 tiles, or if there is more than 150 within 80 tiles.
- Try to leave one block of ore left from every deposit you mine and you can come back later to find it has replenished itself with the surrounding mud.
- An easy way to have chlorophyte farms as large as you desire is to spread 5x5 blocks of mud with a kernel of ore in the center 30 blocks apart in a row. This will ensure that every mud block has the potential to be a chlorophyte ore given enough time. 5x5 blocks of mud (again with a seed ore in the middle) spaced 15 blocks apart still give a 92.5% conversion rate.
- Another way of searching for chlorophyte ore is to buy the Clentaminator from the Steampunker and buying the dark blue solution from the truffle. After doing this go to the jungle and spray around with the Clentaminator. This will create a mushroom biome in the jungle, making it much easier to see due to the glowing grass.
- As the ore will try to grow into a random direction, there are other possible arrangements that will have a faster growth rate, like mud and ore in a checkerboard pattern. Harvesting these farms is more involved than a single growing kernel, though, and also tend to hit the ore population ceiling given above faster, requiring more frequent mining runs.
- The full screen map shows Chlorophyte Ore and thus can help finding it quickly.
 Used in
- The name Chlorophyte is most likely a reference to chloroplast, Chlorophyta or chlorophyll, which is probably why the tooltip says "Reacts to the light", because chloroplasts, chlorophyta, and chlorophyll in real life, is a plant cell that converts light energy into glucose for use by the plant.
- 188.8.131.52: Chlorophyte tools can now mine Chlorophyte.
- 184.108.40.206: Can no longer be mined by bombs.
- 1.2: Introduced.
|Copper • Iron • Silver • Gold|
Tin • Lead • Tungsten • Platinum
Demonite • Crimtane • Meteorite • (Hellstone + Obsidian)
Cobalt • Mythril • Adamantite
Palladium • Orichalcum • Titanium
|Ore • Bar|
Chainsaw • Drill • Pickaxe • Greataxe • Jackhammer • Warhammer
Saber • Claymore • Partisan • Shotbow • Arrow • Bullet