Chlorophyte Ore is a Hardmode ore found in the Underground Jungle that is used to craft Chlorophyte Bars. When Hardmode starts, Mud and Jungle Grass located in the Underground Jungle will begin to convert into Chlorophyte Ore. Once seeded, it will spread to adjacent Mud and Jungle Grass blocks. A Pickaxe or Drill with at least 200% pickaxe power is required to mine it. Mining it requires the Pickaxe Axe or Drax, whose materials require killing all 3 mechanical bosses, or better.
Chlorophyte can spawn naturally anywhere in the Underground Jungle. It becomes more common with depth.
Mining Chlorophyte Ore the first time unlocks the "Photosynthesis" Achievement.
Image of Chlorophyte growing just above the Cavern layer.
- Chlorophyte will only spread in mud though it can convert dirt into mud and spread into that. This ability is not limited to height but does not work above ground levels.
- Chlorophyte will only spread in Hardmode worlds.
- Chlorophyte does not need any kind of lighting to spread.
- It will only seed naturally in the Underground Jungle, but does not require Underground Jungle in order to spread. Chlorophyte can be seeded by the player in any underground biome.
- Chlorophyte Ore cannot spread over Mushroom Grass, despite it being a mud-based block.
- Chlorophyte Ore is able to convert Corruption and Crimson grass into normal tiles
- Chlorophyte Ore is able to convert Dirt to Mud, then grow on said mud.
- For in-depth farming techniques, see Guide:Chlorophyte Ore Farming
- If you seek to eliminate the corruption/crimson/hallow and don't have access to a Clentaminator (with the appropriate solution), using Chlorophyte Ore is the next best thing. It will eliminate the biomes and permanently safeguard them from the two. Be warned, this still allows for the Jungle biome to spread to it, and all dirt touching it will gradually be replaced with mud. Keep these away from any vegetation (i.e. pumpkins) relying upon dirt.
- Try to leave one block of ore left from every deposit you mine and you can come back later to find it has replenished itself with the surrounding mud.
- Buy the Clentaminator from the Steampunker and the dark blue solution from the Truffle, then spray the Underground Jungle with the Clentaminator. This will create a mushroom biome in the jungle, making Chlorophyte much easier to see due to the glowing grass and color contrast.
- The full-screen minimap shows Chlorophyte Ore and thus can help in finding it quickly.
- Selling the bar rather than the ore yields 54 more per bar
- The Solar Eruption can be used to find chlorophyte ore in the dark by spinning around with it and attacking with it. The Gungnir, available as soon as you can defeat a mechanical boss, can be used similarly by stabbing in the direction of walls you wish to check inside for ore.
- In PC 22.214.171.124 it appears (through testing) that they got rid of the smaller of two area checks for chlorophyte growth and also lowered the larger (now apparently only) cap from 110 to 40. The most efficient farms now appear to be horizontal 6x6 or 6x7 rectangles spaced 92 blocks apart.
- The name Chlorophyte is derived from Chlorophyll, the color pigment responsible for photosynthesis, plus the common rock suffix -ite.
- Chlorophyte Ore requires the most ore per bar (6 ore per bar).
- Chlorophyte can grow in bigger chunks now.
- Chlorophyte ore is now allowed to revert Crimson and Corruption grass to normal grass, and convert Dirt into Mud.
- Placed Chlorophyte has a new texture.
- Can now be crafted into bricks.
- Sell price increased from 50 to 6 .
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999, but is now rarer and grows slower.
- 126.96.36.199: Chlorophyte tools can now mine Chlorophyte.
- 188.8.131.52: Can no longer be mined by bombs.
- 1.2: Introduced.