| Chlorophyte Ore
|| Ore – Crafting material
| Max stack
| Use time
|| Reacts to the light
| Internal Item ID: 947
| Internal Tile ID: 211
Chlorophyte Ore is a Hardmode ore found in the Underground Jungle. When Hardmode starts, Mud and Jungle Grass located in the Underground Jungle will begin to convert into Chlorophyte Ore. Once seeded, it will spread to adjacent Mud and Jungle Grass blocks. A pickaxe or drill with at least 200% pickaxe power is required to mine it.
There are only 7 tools with 200% or more pickaxe power. Of them, 4 require Chlorophyte Bars or Shroomite Bars (made from Chlorophyte). This means the only options for initially obtaining Chlorophyte Ore are the Pickaxe Axe/Drax, whose materials require killing all 3 mechanical bosses, or the Picksaw, which has a chance to drop from Golem.
Image of Chlorophyte growing just above the Cavern layer.
- Chlorophyte will only spread in Hardmode worlds.
- Chlorophyte does not need any kind of lighting to spread.
- It will only seed naturally in the Underground Jungle, but does not require Underground Jungle in order to spread. Chlorophyte can be seeded by the player in any underground biome, but requires a depth at least halfway between the Surface and the Cavern layer (halfway into the Underground layer and below). Chlorophyte will also grow as deep as the Underworld.
- Chlorophyte can spread much more in the Cavern layer and below than it can above the Cavern layer:
- From the mid-Underground layer to the Cavern layer, the maximum is 12 Chlorophyte blocks in a 57 tile range and 55 blocks in a 143 tile range.
- In the Cavern layer and below, Chlorophyte can spread to a maximum of 24 blocks within a 38 tile range and 110 blocks within a 95 tile range.
- Chlorophyte will spread even with player-placed background walls behind it, allowing for enemy free farms.
- Chlorophyte Ore cannot spread over Mushroom Grass, despite it being a mud-based block.
- Chlorophyte Ore is able to convert Corruption and Crimson grass into normal tiles
- Chlorophyte Ore is able to convert Dirt to Mud, then grow on said mud.
- For in-depth farming techniques, see Guide:Chlorophyte Ore Farming
- Try to leave one block of ore left from every deposit you mine and you can come back later to find it has replenished itself with the surrounding mud.
- Buy the Clentaminator from the Steampunker and the dark blue solution from the Truffle, then spray the Underground Jungle with the Clentaminator. This will create a mushroom biome in the jungle, making Chlorophyte much easier to see due to the glowing grass and color contrast.
- The full-screen minimap shows Chlorophyte Ore and thus can help in finding it quickly.
- Selling the bar rather than the ore yields 87 more per bar
- The name Chlorophyte comes from Chlorophyll, the color pigment responsible for photosynthesis. The tooltip "Reacts to the light" supports this. Chloros is also the Greek word for "green". The name could also come from Chlorophyta, a genus of green algae. A member of the Chlorophyta genus is sometimes called a chlorophyte.
- Chlorophyte Ore requires the most ore per bar (6 ore per bar).
- Chlorophyte ore is now allowed to revert Crimson and Corruption grass to normal grass, and convert Dirt into Mud.
- Can now be crafted into bricks.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999, but is now rarer and grows slower.
- 220.127.116.11: Chlorophyte tools can now mine Chlorophyte.
- 18.104.22.168: Can no longer be mined by bombs.
- 1.2: Introduced.