|Knockback||0.3 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Tooltip|| Creates and destroys biomes when sprayed|
Uses colored solution
|Buy / Sell||2 / 40|
|Internal Item ID: 779|
The Clentaminator is a Hardmode tool that creates or destroys biomes, using Solutions as ammunition. The particular Solution used determines its effects. It has the same firing pattern as the Flamethrower, but has a much longer range and fires through blocks.
The Clentaminator can be bought from the Steampunker.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Clentaminator has a horizontal range of about 60 tiles.
- It is affected by boosts that reduce ammo usage, thereby saving Solution. Items to consider using are the Vortex Breastplate, Shroomite Breastplate, Chlorophyte Helmet, Hallowed Armor (with the Hallowed Helmet), Necro Armor, Ammo Box, () Ammo Reservation Potion, and () Titan armor (including the individual set pieces).
- Its stream emits a faint light.
- Using it is the only way to create Converted Walls.
- Dark Blue Solution can break a Plantera's Bulb when the Jungle blocks beneath it are converted to Mushroom blocks.
- When using the Clentaminator, an apparatus can be seen on the character's back. A similar effect also occurs when equipping the Heat Ray, Leaf Blower, and Elf Melter.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to change an entire world by digging Hellevators about every 118 blocks (236 ft on the Compass) and slowly descending each one, spraying both sides.
- It could be a potentially effective tool to search for Life Fruit when using Dark Blue Solution, as it will break them out of place and convert the Jungle foliage to Glowing Mushroom foliage -- illuminating and creating a contrast between the background and the life fruit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Clentaminator" is a portmanteau of the words 'Cleanse' and 'Contaminator', these being its two major uses.
- It is tied with the Diamond Ring and Tiki Totem as the second most expensive item players can buy (the most expensive item is the Parrot Cracker), but it is the only one among these with a practical use.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Introduced.