|Tooltip|| Creates and destroys biomes when sprayed|
Uses colored solution
|Buy / Sell||2 / 40|
|Internal Item ID: 779|
The Clentaminator is a Hardmode tool that creates or destroys biomes, using Solutions as ammunition. The particular Solution used determines its effects. It has the same firing pattern as the Flamethrower, but has a much longer range and fires through blocks.
The Cleantaminator is purchasable from the Steampunker.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Clentaminator has a horizontal range of about 60 tiles.
- It is affected by boosts that reduce ammo usage, thereby saving Solution. Items to consider using are the Shroomite Breastplate, Chlorophyte Helmet, Hallowed Armor (with the Hallowed Helmet), Necro Armor, Ammo Box, () Ammo Reservation Potion, and () Titan armor (including the individual set pieces).
- Its stream emits a faint light.
- Using it is the only way to create Converted Walls.
- Dark Blue Solution can break a Plantera's Bulb when the Jungle blocks beneath it are converted to Mushroom blocks.
- When using the Clentaminator, an apparatus can be seen on the character's back. A similar effect also occurs when equipping the Heat Ray, Leaf Blower, and Elf Melter.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to change an entire world by digging Hellevators about every 118 blocks and slowly descending each one, spraying both sides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Clentaminator" is a portmanteau of the words 'Cleanse' and 'Contaminator', these being its two major uses.
- It is tied with the Diamond Ring and Tiki Totem as the second most expensive item players can buy (the most expensive item is the Parrot Cracker), but it is the only one among these with a practical use.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2: Introduced.