|Damage|| 100 (bombs)|
The Clown is a rare Hardmode enemy that appears during Blood Moons. The smiley bomb it throws will destroy nearby blocks when it goes off, like a normal Bomb; this makes Clowns a serious hazard to any structures. Its bombs can be shot out of the air with most weapons. Touching the clown itself may inflict the player with the Confused debuff.
- Although Clowns are a relatively rare enemy, at least one Clown will usually appear over the course of any Blood Moon during Hardmode.
- Clowns are the only enemies that actually put structures themselves in danger. Here are some tips to protect your work:
- Replace your House's outer framework with Dungeon Bricks or raw Hardmode ores (Cobalt, Mythril, Adamantite), which are impervious to bombs.
- Blocks that are impervious to explosions will not shield the blocks behind them though, so merely encasing your House with these will not provide much protection. A fair depth of a structure's outer framework will need to be replaced, or barricades made of impervious blocks can be constructed a fair distance away from vulnerable structures.
- Build your house underground, or hide deep underground until the night is over, so that Clowns have no chance to spawn.
- Travel several screens away from any structures you care to protect. Like all enemies, Clowns will only spawn near a character.
- Build your house floating a fair distance above ground, or mine away enough blocks beneath and around your existing House (essentially making it floating), so that Clowns and their Bombs cannot reach it.
- Put moats with Lava on either side of your base. Optionally you can install Active/Inactive stone drawbridges to make it easier for you to access your house. Note that Inactive Stone Blocks will still break from explosions.
- With enough investment, a buffer of chests or storage items planted on tiles will offer complete protection against all explosives. See Storage Items.
- The Clowns bomb have a 3x3 blast radius meaning a bomb proof wall must be 3 or more blocks thick.
- The Clown may be a reference to the Mario games' Lemmy Koopa, a similarly multicolored enemy who also balances on a ball and throws bombs.
- Or it may be a reference to the jesters in the Kirby games. The jester throws bombs and sometimes balances on apples.
- During a Blood Moon, the Demolitionist may mention that his bomb went missing; it is possible Clowns take the Demolitionist's bombs and wield them.
- Bombs thrown by clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
- Will only throw bombs when his target is alive.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Angler Fish • Arch Wyvern • Armored Skeleton • Chaos Elemental • Clinger • Clown • Corruptor • Cursed Hammer • Digger|
Enchanted Sword • Frost Legion • Gastropod • Giant Bat • Green Jellyfish • Illuminant Bat • Illuminant Slime • Mimic • Mummy • Pixie
Possessed Armor • Skeleton Archer • Slimer • Toxic Sludge • Unicorn • Wandering Eye • Werewolf • World Feeder • Wraith • Wyvern