Placed Cobwebs look like a gray mesh that clings to walls and ceilings.
Cobwebs are crafting materials used to craft Silk (which is in turn used to craft the Bed, an essential item) and other items. Cobwebs can also be placed. Cobwebs will catch players who fall into them and slow down their movement. They break after a short time when a player is stuck in them, but can also be harvested instantly with any weapon or swung tool, just like Plants.
Cobwebs are commonly found in underground areas, in clusters of 5 or more, alongside the edges of walls or ceilings. They are also found in large quantities in Spider Nests, where they regrow over time, offering players an unlimited supply.
Cobwebs have no sell value, but can be crafted into silk, which has a fairly high value.
- Placed cobwebs can support falling blocks like sand and silt; removing the cobwebs will allow them to fall, causing damage to whatever they hit.
- Because they slow player movement, Cobwebs can be used in the construction of pits to prevent fall damage.
- 1.2: Stack limit was increased from 250 to 999. Silk now only takes 7 Cobwebs to craft.
- 1.0.6: Breaks as a result of the player getting caught in it.
- 1.0.1: Now prevents falling damage correctly.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.