|Use time||7 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip|| Uses coins for ammo|
Higher valued coins do more damage
The Coin Gun is a ranged weapon that uses coins as ammunition, which cannot be retrieved once fired. Its damage and velocity depend on the type of coin fired. It is dropped very rarely (0.0125%, or 1/8000) by Pirate Invasion enemies, excluding the Parrot.
The Coin Gun cannot receive any Modifiers that increase damage, so one of its best prefixes is Agile, as the slightly higher critical chance boosts the weapon's damage rate slightly. Hasty may be preferred as it instead boosts speed and velocity.
- This item is extremely rare. It takes an average of 66-67 complete Pirate Invasions before it drops.
- Easily one of the most powerful weapons, albeit expensive, if platinum coins are used as ammo, which makes for the highest damage currently, being possible to one-shot other players in PvP.
- It is more cost efficient to convert platinum coins to lower denominations for ammo. However this comes at the cost of a lower damage rate.
- Coins are consumed from the inventory first, so prior to extended use fill inventory slots with stacks of lesser coins
- Needs a constant craft of 100 low tier coins because the pickup of coins can convert the stacks with lower than 100 coins into a higher-tier coin, otherwise it can eventually use unwanted coins. It requires constant attention to the ammo amount indicated. If there's less than 200 ammo, it can start using Silver, Gold or Platinum Coins.
- It is nearly completely self-sufficient when fighting enemies. The money dropped by the enemy is much more than the amount expended to kill said enemy.
- Due to a different handling of currency on the Console Version, the coin gun has not yet been added on consoles. The patch for the 1.2 update added a self destruct, removing it from all chests and inventories. This is the only item through version 188.8.131.52 that has not been ported to the Console version.