- For the console version history, see Console Version History.
The Console version of Terraria is published by 505Games and developed by Engine Software. The console version is a port of the desktop version, which is developed by Re-Logic. This version contains exclusive content not available in the desktop version, including new enemies, achievements, music tracks and music boxes, armors, weapons, pets, and a new boss.
The console version is currently available on 7 different console systems.
||Date of Last Update
| PlayStation 3
|| June, 8 2016
| Xbox 360
|| June, 28 2016
| PlayStation Vita
|| June, 10 2016
| PlayStation 4
|| June, 8 2016
| Xbox One
|| December, 15 2015
|| December, 10 2015 (download)
Mar 15 2016 (physical)
| WII U
|| June, 16 2016 (download)
June, 28 2016 (physical)
- Not all of the features listed below may be on the Wii U versions of the game due to the lack of Ocram and other features.
Many items also appear in the Mobile version. The mobile version also includes items introduced in Console 1.2. The initial console release contained all desktop content through version 1.1 as well as the following console-exclusive content:
The 1.2 update was a free update released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita platforms on April 17, 2014. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions included this update in their November 2014 release. The update featured all content from the desktop version through 184.108.40.206 (Except the Coin Gun and 10 extra inventory slots) as well as some additional console exclusive content:
Also known as the 1.2.3/4 update, another free update was released to all console platforms on June 4, 2015, bringing the Console version to parity with desktop version 1.2.3. (Does not give fishing, or any other item/mob that includes fishing). It also added a Console-exclusive vanity set and the Ocram mask.
Despite being considered a console release, the 3DS version contains mobile-exclusive items such as the Heart Arrow. The Hero's clothes and Plumber's clothes are their correct Nintendo colors. The 3DS version also contains the Zapinator, an item which was originally released on the Desktop version, but was removed in a subsequent update.
- Patch 1.03, June 13, 2016:
- Fixed a number of multiplayer issues present in 1.0.2 (which only saw a release in Europe) and other bugs.
- Addition of the Frost Moon event and all of its content.
- Changed the maximum number of characters and worlds available from 3 to 6.
- Minecart Tracks are now craftable with lead.
- Release (retail), Mar 15 2016.
- Patch 1.01, Feb 1, 2016: Bug fixes:
- Duplicates of Town NPCs no longer move in if they are accidentally displaced.
- Duke Fishron is now summonable.
- other bug fixes.
- Release (digital), Dec 10, 2015: