From Terraria Wiki
(Redirected from Controls)
The default controls are listed below. These can be changed from the Controls menu in Settings on the Title Screen.
|Key/Button (for Xbox 360)||Action||Notes|
|Left click/RT||Perform a action (e.g. Left clicking while holding a sword will cause you to attack)|
|Right click/B||Use door, chest switch, or talk to an NPC|
|A/Left logstick left||Left||
|D/Left logstick right||Right||
|S/Left logstick down||Down|
|W/Left logstick up||Up|
|0-9/Right bumper and left bumper||Hotbar Hotkey||
|J||Quick Mana Heal||
- To remove one item from a stack, right click on it. Hold down the right mouse button to increase the number of items to be removed from the stack.
- To place objects directly from your inventory, left click to select the item, then left click to place it or right click to discard it.
- To place objects directly from your inventory into the Trash Can hold shift down whilst clicking the item. This can be used to quickly free up space in your inventory.
- To interact with an NPC or read a sign, approach close enough that a speech bubble appears on the target when you move the mouse cursor to it. Then click the right mouse button.
- When buying items from an NPC, hold down the right mouse button to increase the number of items purchased.
- Right-clicking on a piece of equipment, including one located in a Social slot, will swap it with its corresponding Armor or Accessory slot.
- When crafting, hold down the right mouse button to rapidly craft a number of items (the speed increases as long as you hold down the button).
- To interact with openable items, torches, water candle or waterbolt spell in dungeon, right click on it.
- 1.2.3: Added support for Ctrl+Z, X, C, and V (clear line, cut line, copy line, and paste into line respectively). Added support for Shift+Insert, Shift+Delete, Ctrl+Insert (paste, cut, and copy respectively).
- Added map control.
- Keybindings will no longer sometimes be set to "None" automatically.
- Items Pulsate when hold on the mouse cursor so they stand out against other items on the UI.
- Items move freely and rotate when falling after being dropped or thrown.
- F7 shows game debug information.
- F8 shows connectivity debug information.
- F9 changes lighting setting.
- Added 'Auto Select' hotkey.
- Added ability to place items directly from open inventory.
- Added hotkeys for quickly drinking healing, mana, and buff potions. The healing/mana potion you use is based on the same principle arrows are. Topleft most item first. The buff potions are all used at once.
|Attack Speed • Autoswing • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty (Softcore • Mediumcore • Hardcore) • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Multiplayer • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|