- See also: Crafting 101.
A Crafting Station is something that alters a character's crafting bar, allowing the player to make certain items. Nearly all crafting stations are furniture. To use a crafting station, simply stand within range of it and the items available to craft will appear in the crafting bar in the character's inventory.
*** The Crimson/Demon Altar is unique in that it is not a placeable furniture item, but instead generated with the world. It is also the only crafting station that cannot be relocated by the player.
**** The Extractinator does not operate like a normal crafting station. Silt and slush blocks are placed above it to generate random ores and gems.
 Crafting station progression
- Work Bench: crafted by hand from Wood
- Wooden Table, Wooden Chair: crafted at the Work Bench from Wood
- Furnace: crafted at the Work Bench, from Wood, Stone, and Torches
- Alchemy Station: created by placing a Bottle, Pink Vase or Mug on top of any surface (Wood Platforms and furniture)
- Iron Anvil: crafted at the Furnace from Iron Bars
- Cooking Pot: crafted at the Iron Anvil from Iron Bars
- Sawmill: crafted at the Workbench, from an Iron Chain and Iron Bars
- Keg & Loom: crafted at the Sawmill
- Hellforge: found in The Underworld, generated with the world inside Ruined Houses
- Imbuing Station: purchased from the Witch Doctor
 Hardmode crafting station progress
- Mythril Anvil/Orichalcum Anvil: crafted at the Iron Anvil from Mythril Bars/Orichalcum Bars
- Adamantite Forge/Titanium Forge: crafted at Mythril/Titanium Anvil from a Hellforge and Adamantite Ore/Titanium Ore
- Solidifier: purchased from Steampunker
- Blend-O-Matic: purchased from Steampunker
- Flesh Cloning Vaat: purchased from Steampunker
- Steampunk Boiler: purchased from Steampunker
- Autohammer: purchased from Truffle
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|