- See also: Crafting 101.
A Crafting Station is something that alters a character's crafting bar, allowing the player to make certain items. Nearly all crafting stations are furniture. To use a crafting station, simply stand within range of it and the items available to craft will appear in the crafting bar in the character's inventory.
- The Campfire does not operate like a normal crafting station. The player holds a Marshmallow on a Stick near the fire to craft a Cooked Marshmallow.
- The Chair cannot be used to craft items on its own; instead, it must be partnered with a Work Bench or a Table.
- The Crimson/Demon Altar is unique in that it is not a placeable furniture item, but instead generated with the world. It is also the only crafting station that cannot be relocated by the player.
- The Extractinator does not operate like a normal crafting station. Silt and slush blocks are placed onto it to generate random ores and gems.
 Basic progression
This list shows the general order a new player will likely need to follow in obtaining the basic crafting stations. This list only covers stations for essential tools and game advancement. Others can be obtained in more varying orders.
- Work Bench: crafted by hand from Wood.
- Wooden Table, Wooden Chair: crafted at the Work Bench from Wood.
- Furnace: crafted at the Work Bench, from Wood, Stone, and Torches.
- Iron Anvil: crafted at the Furnace from Iron Bars.
- Sawmill: crafted at the Workbench, from an Iron Chain and Iron Bars.
- Loom: crafted at the Sawmill.
- Hellforge: found in The Underworld, generated with the world inside Ruined Houses.
- Mythril Anvil/Orichalcum Anvil: crafted at the Iron Anvil from Mythril Bars/Orichalcum Bars
- Adamantite Forge/Titanium Forge: crafted at Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil from a Hellforge and Adamantite Ore/Titanium Ore.
|Attack Speed • Autoswing • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage • Data IDs • Day/Night • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty (Softcore • Mediumcore • Hardcore) • Environment • Event • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory • Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Minimap • Minions • Modifier • Moon • Multiplayer • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement • Player stats • Rarity • Spawn • Storage • Use time • Value • Velocity|