|Type||Grab bag – Furniture|
|Tooltip||Right click to open|
|Internal Tile ID: 376|
Crates are grab bag-type items that can be hooked while Fishing, containing random loot such as Ores, Bars, Potions, Accessories, and other items. In addition, biome-specific crates can contain biome-specific loot. They can be right-clicked within the player's inventory to unload their contents. They can also be placed. Each Crate can be stacked up to 99 in a single inventory slot.
If fishing in Water with Fishing Power high enough to prevent junk catches (fishing power of 50) and the line does not break there is a 10% chance to harvest crates normally and 20% when fishing with a Crate Potion.
The kind of crate the player gets is dependent on the Fishing Power, with higher Fishing Power the probabilities of rarer Crates are raised. E.g with a Fishing Power of 100 in a Corrupted Biome the probabilities would be: Golden Crate: 6.57%; Corrupt Crate: 8.90%; Iron Crate: 28.37%; Wooden Crate: 56.16% 
Rarer crate types contain more valuable loot. When fishing in an area with multiple biomes, the crate priority is, from highest to lowest, Corruption > Crimson > Hallowed > Dungeon > Jungle > Sky. For example, when a Floating Island is corrupted and changes to The Corruption, Sky Crates will no longer be harvested.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 2334
Internal Item ID: 2335
Internal Item ID: 3208
Internal Item ID: 3206
Internal Item ID: 3203
Internal Item ID: 3204
Internal Item ID: 3207
Internal Item ID: 3205
Internal Item ID: 2336
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On Xbox, Right Trigger opens crates (instead of the B button which is the equivalent of the pc's right-click).Verify
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crates can yield ores (and bars) not otherwise found on the player's world. For instance, a Crate can yield Platinum Ore, even if the world is generated with Gold Ore instead of Platinum.
- Crates collected in pre-Hardmode can yield Hardmode ores if opened in Hardmode. It is advisable for the player to save many of their Crates for opening in Hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- Console 1.07 Holiday Update: Introduced 1.2.4 crates.
- New biome crates introduced: Jungle Crate, Sky Crate, Corrupt Crate, Crimson Crate, Hallowed Crate, and Dungeon Crate.
- Now placeable.
- 1.2.4: Introduced Wooden Crate, Iron Crate, and Golden Crate.
References[edit | edit source]
- Terraria game code (PC version 1.3.1), in the function
| Furniture: Crafting Stations • Light Sources • Storage Items • Other Items |