| Banners (enemy)
|| 1 wide ˣ 3 high
| Max stack
| Use time
| Grants buff
| Buff tooltip
|| Increased damage and defense from the following: [enemy name(s)]
| Internal Buff ID: 147
| Internal Tile ID: 91
- This is about functional enemy-dropped Banners. For decorative Banners, see Banners (decorative).
Enemy Banners are functional furniture items that can be placed on the underside of blocks. They are dropped by enemies.
In the PC version, when placed, enemy Banners provide a buff to players within a 50-tile radius. The buff grants players +50% damage inflicted (+100% in Expert Mode) and -25% damage taken from melee attacks (-50% in Expert Mode) against the corresponding enemy.
Multiple Banners of the same type will not grant stacked buffs. Multiple different banner types in the vicinity will however all take effect, and consolidate into a single buff icon.
- In the PC version, an enemy Banner automatically appears in the player's inventory on every 50th kill of that enemy in a particular world.
- In the Console and Mobile versions, an enemy Banner has a 1/200 (0.5%) chance of dropping from its corresponding enemy.
The are currently 242 enemy Banners: 93 pre-Hardmode, 149 Hardmode. An additional 8 enemy Banners are unobtainable.
The item(s) described in this section cannot be acquired without inventory editors or other hacks.
- If your inventory is full when you get a banner, it will drop beside you.
- Bosses don't have banners. Instead, they have Trophies. These do not however grant any buffs.
- If an NPC lands the killing blow on an enemy that would have dropped a banner, the nearest player receives the banner.
- The effective range of the buffs from banners is base on the center of your view, but not where your character is at. This can be proved by using binoculars and Sniper Scope.
- Each banner may be placed in a right- or left-facing orientation, but this is decided by which tile column in the world the banner is placed. Placing it one block to the left or right will flip the orientation.
- The left half of the Nymph Banner is of the Lost Girl "NPC", while the right half is the Nymph monster.
- Banners are now given to the player landing the last hit on the enemy instead of the nearest player.
- Skeleton Mage Banner and Spider Banner have been renamed to accurately reflect against which enemies they will buff you in combat. (Now named Dark Caster Banner and Wall Creeper Banner.)
- Enemies should no longer count towards tally counters / banners if no player has touched them before they died (i.e. random mob deaths by lava pool no *longer count).
- Fixed banners not applying to melee hits (swords, flails, axes, pickaxes, etc)
- Fixed certain banners turning into other banners when placed in multiplayer.
- Fixed a large multitude of variation NPCs not dropping their banners / counting tally.
- Fixed Goblin Archer not counting tally / dropping his banner.
- Banners are no longer dropped with a 0.5% chance, but instead drop every 50th kill of an enemy. The banner is then placed into the inventory of the player that killed it without the need to pick it up.
- Enemy Banners now empower players nearby when facing the same enemy displayed on the banner. You get increased damage and defense.
- Added many new banners including Lava Bat Banner, Jungle Bat Banner, Lava Slime Banner and many more.
- Console 1.2: Added 10 new banners, each dropped by console/mobile-exclusive enemies.
- 188.8.131.52: Added a total of 87 new banners, each dropped by enemies.
- 1.0.6: Introduced.