Crimtane Ore is a pre-Hardmode Ore. It is the Crimson counterpart to the Corruption's Demonite Ore, and will not appear naturally in Corruption worlds. It can be found very rarely in small veins Underground in worlds that contain Crimson, however the only usable quantities come from the Brain of Cthulhu Boss, and from the Eye of Cthulhu (only in worlds containing Crimson). Crimtane Ore emits a faint glow when placed, similar to Demonite Ore.
Like Demonite Ore, the pickaxe power required to mine Crimtane changes with location. Below ground level, a Gold Pickaxe or better is needed, while above ground, any pickaxe will do.
Crimtane can be crafted into bars which are then used in the creation of Crimson Armor and its corresponding tools. As of 22.214.171.124, Crimtane now has a brick form, like Demonite.
- Crimtane Ore does not spread the Crimson. This rule applies both to the pre-hardmode and hardmode stages.
- Placed Crimtane has a new texture.
- Crafting recipe changed to 3 Crimtane ore instead of 4 Crimtane ore.
- Now used in the Crimtane Brick recipe
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2.1: No Longer requires a Deathbringer Pickaxe or over to mine.
- 1.2: Introduced.