Today we are making changes to the login system on Gamepedia to give you the option to merge your Gamepedia and Twitch accounts.
If you decide to merge your accounts, you’ll be able to log in to Gamepedia with your Twitch username and password, but all users will now be redirected to the main Gamepedia.com page to log on regardless of if you choose to merge your accounts or not. Learn more about the changes here.
Critical hits occur randomly when striking enemies. By default, each successful hit on an enemy has a 4% chance of being a "critical hit", dealing approximately double the usual damage of the weapon in use with 40% more knockback. A small number of weapons have a base critical strike chance that is higher than the 4% default. In addition, certain modifiers, armor bonuses, accessories, and buffs can boost the player's effective critical strike chance.
Visually, critical hits are displayed as slightly exaggerated bold damage numbers that linger on-screen for a longer period and travel slightly higher than damage numbers from ordinary hits.
Note that minions cannot currently deal critical hits. The only exceptions are Lightning Aura sentry minions used while wearing a full set of Monk armor or Shinobi Infiltrator armor, which will deal critical hits based on a fixed 16.7% (for Monk armor) or 25% (for Shinobi armor) chance.
Players attacking other players in PvP will also not deal critical hits.
Weapons with non-standard base critical strike chance[edit | edit source]
|Weapon|| Base |
|Candy Corn Rifle||10%|
|Jack 'O Lantern Launcher||10%|
Boost gear[edit | edit source]
Melee[edit | edit source]
|Moon Charm||+2% (during night)|
|Turtle Scale Mail||+8%|
|Beetle Scale Mail||+8%|
|Mythril armor set with Mythril Helmet||+5%|
Ranged[edit | edit source]
|Shroomite Headpiece (All helmets)||+5%|
|Cloak from Shroomite armor||Up to +10%|
|Cloak from Vortex armor||Up to +20%|
Magic[edit | edit source]
|Jungle armor||+12% / 9%|
|Wizard Hat with a Robe||+10%|
All[edit | edit source]
|Bowl of Soup||+2%|
|Hallowed Plate Mail||+7%|
|Chlorophyte Plate Mail||+7%|
|Precise or Lucky prefix on accessories||+2% or +4%|
|Eye of the Golem||+10%|
|Reforged weapons||Max +5%|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Damage is doubled after being reduced by defense.
- While ammo is seemed to be affected by crit bonuses, crit chance actually entirely depends on weapon stats.
- It is generally best to attempt to equalize your total accessory crit chance bonus and your total accesory damage bonus, as this will maximize your overall DPS.
Maximizing critical hits[edit | edit source]
- Maximal Melee Crit chance is 121% by combining Dragon Mask, Frost Breastplate, Chlorophyte Greaves, Godly/Demonic/Zealous Obsidian Swordfish, Lucky Eye of the Golem, Lucky Destroyer Emblem, Lucky Celestial Stone, Lucky Moon Stone, Lucky Moon Charm while under influence of Rage Potion, Bowl of Soup and Ale. As this chance caps at 100%, you can skip minor items like Celestial Stone (-2), Moon Stone (-2), Moon Charm (-2) or switch to Chlorophyte Armor (-8) and still have 100% chance. Also, you can switch the Dragon Mask or the Hallowed Mask and still have 116% chance.
- Maximal Melee Crit chance at 1.3 is 134% by combining Solar Flare Helmet, Frost Breastplate, Chlorophyte Greaves, Godly/Demonic/Zealous Obsidian Swordfish, Lucky Eye of the Golem, Lucky Destroyer Emblem, Lucky Putrid Scent, Lucky Celestial Shell, Lucky Celestial Stone, Lucky Moon Stone, while under influence of Rage Potion, Bowl of Soup and Ale and at night. Thought the Psycho Knife will increase crit chance by 30% at its stealth mode, the crit chance shown at tool tip will be 100% when the actual crit chance more than 100%.
- Maximal Ranged Crit chance is 124% by combining Orichalcum Helmet, Shroomite Breastplate, Chlorophyte Greaves, Unreal Sniper Rifle, Lucky Eye of the Golem, Lucky Sniper Scope, Lucky Destroyer Emblem, Lucky Celestial Stone, Lucky Moon Stone while under influence of Rage Potion and Bowl of Soup. As this chance caps at 100%, you can skip minor items like Celestial Stone (-2), Moon Stone (-2) and switch to full Shroomite Armor (-10) and still have 100% chance. It is even possible to use different weapon (-15) as the stealth effect from armor will add extra 10% back when needed.
- Maximal Ranged Crit chance at 1.3 is 154% by combining Vortex armor Set(with its set bonus on), Unreal/Godly/Demonic/Zealous Sniper Rifle, Lucky Eye of the Golem, Lucky Sniper Scope, Lucky Destroyer Emblem, Lucky Putrid Scent, Lucky Celestial Stone, Lucky Moon Stone while under influence of Rage Potion and Bowl of Soup.
- Maximal Magic Crit chance is 94% by combining Orichalcum Headgear, Spectre Robe, Chlorophyte Greaves, any Mythical weapon, Lucky Eye of the Golem, Lucky Destroyer Emblem, Lucky Celestial Stone, Lucky Moon Stone, any Lucky accessory while under influence of Rage Potion, Bowl of Soup and Crystal Ball. Spectre Robe can be also replaced by Hallowed Plate Mail or Chlorophyte Plate Mail. (Also, if last acessory will be Lucky Sniper Scope, you will have totally 104% of critical strike chance).
- Maximal Magic Crit chance at 1.3 is 114% by combining Orichalcum Headgear, Nebula Breastplate, Chlorophyte Greaves, Mythical/Godly/Demonic/Zealous Shadowflame Hex Doll, Lucky Eye of the Golem, Lucky Destroyer Emblem, Lucky Putrid Scent, Lucky Celestial Shell, Lucky Celestial Stone, Lucky Moon Stone, and under influence of Rage Potion, Bowl of Soup and Crystal Ball.
- Maximal Thrown Crit chance at 1.3 is 89% by combining Chlorophyte Plate Mail(or Hallowed Plate Mail), Fossil Greaves, Unreal/Godly/Demonic/Zealous Bone Glove, Lucky Eye of the Golem, Lucky Destroyer Emblem, Lucky Putrid Scent, Lucky Celestial Shell, Lucky Celestial Stone, Lucky Moon Stone, and under influence of Rage Potion, Bowl of Soup.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Critical Strike increase on accessory reforges have been doubled. Example: The Lucky Reforge was boosted from 2% to 4%.
- 1.0.6: Introduced.
| Game mechanics |
|Combat||Attack speed • Autoswing • Combat Targeting • Critical hit • Damage • Knockback • Minions • Velocity|
|Environment||Ambient objects • Day and night cycle • Environment • Event • Map size • Moon • Music • NPC despawning • NPC spawning • Status messages • World Seed|
|Interface||Minimap • Logo • Title messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Crossover content • Explosion-proof objects • Mining speed • Modifiers • NPC drops • Placement • Pickaxe Power • Rarity • Storage • Tooltips • Use time • Value|
|Game||Achievements • Settings (desktop version) Config.json • Camera mode • Data IDs • Difficulty • Expert mode • Game controls • Lighting mode • NPC names|
|Multiplayer||Chat • Multiplayer|
|Player||Aggro • Breath meter • Buffs and Debuffs • Character styles • Death • Defense • Drowning • Fall damage • Ghost • Hairstyles • Health • Health regeneration • Inventory • Mana • Player stats • Spawn|