|Tooltip||Increases length of invincibility after taking damage|
The Cross Necklace is a Hardmode Accessory that doubles the duration of the invincibility a player is afforded after taking damage, from 2/3 of a second to 1 1/3 seconds. It has no effect in PvP. The Cross Necklace is dropped by Mimics.
The Cross Necklace is useful in Hardmode Boss fights, and any other scenario where the player is likely to be hit in rapid succession.
- It is very easy to reforge the Cross Necklace to any desired modifier because it only costs around 5-20 silver.
- (Console only) The Cross Necklace is extremely useful for boss fights. The player can grapple themselves to a hellstone or meteorite block to take damage from the block rather than the boss. The Cross Necklace can further this strategy's effectiveness by increasing the invincibility period, allowing the player to take little damage while fighting tough bosses such as the Destroyer. Note that in PC versions 1.2 and onward this strategy no longer works.
- The Cross Necklace can be combined with a Star Cloak to create a Star Veil. The Star Veil provides the same benefit as Cross Necklace and the benefit does not stack.
- Player Invincibility period is cut in half when taking 1 damage (1/3 second with nothing and 2/3 second with Cross or Veil item).
- Extends Dodge Invincibility period by 2/3 second to a full 2 seconds (Black Belt, Master Ninja Gear, Titanium armor).
- This item may be a reference to the Cross Necklace in the first Castlevania game, having nearly the same image and making the player invincible for a short duration, except that item also cleared the screen of enemies, rather than prolonging their invincibility frames.