From Terraria Wiki
|Knockback||1 (Extremely Weak)|
|Tooltip||Creates several crystal shards on impact|
|Internal Item ID: 515|
Crystal Bullets are a type of ammunition for guns, obtainable in Hardmode. They shatter on impact with an enemy or solid block, splitting into three small shards that have limited range and deal 60% of the original bullet's damage.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Desktop Version[edit | edit source]
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
Console and Mobile version[edit | edit source]
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The shards created by Crystal Bullets can damage enemies through walls.
- When using Crystal Bullets with any gun that fires multiple shots per bullet consumed, such as the Tactical Shotgun, each individual projectile will split into shards on impact, potentially causing a great deal of secondary damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you can craft a lot of them (at least two full stacks, or 1998 bullets total) and have access to the Megashark, Crystal Bullets are generally the quickest way to beat The Twins and Skeletron Prime. Many of their secondary shards tend to hit (even a single Twin) for multiple hits per shot and the highest possible damage rate. Pre-Hardmode Bosses, including the Wall of Flesh, can be killed in seconds with the Megashark/Crystal Bullets.
- Crystal bullets are useful in killing the Dungeon Guardian, (as well as Skeletron and Skeletron Prime once night turns to day). This is because the defense of these bosses is extremely high (9999) and will cause any attack to deal 1 damage or a 2 if critical. The shards will each count as an individual projectile, getting more hits and racking up damage faster.
- Crystal shards tend to fly backwards relative to the direction the bullet was fired. This makes Crystal Bullets more effective against enemies that pursue the player at high speed (essentially ramming into the additional shards), but slightly less effective against stationary ones.
- Pairing Crystal Bullets with Frost Armor makes the bullets more effective in dealing with enemies, as each fragment will also take on the set bonus's effects.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Now creates 100 Crystal Bullets per Crystal Shard instead of 50.
- 1.2: Damage increased from 8 to 9.
- 1.2: Damage reduced from 9 to 8, stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.1: Introduced.
| Bullets |
|Musket Ball • Crystal • Silver • Meteor Shot • Party • Golden • High Velocity • Nano • Exploding • Chlorophyte • Cursed • Ichor • Venom • Luminite • Endless Musket Pouch|