From Terraria Wiki
|Tooltip||Creates several crystal shards on impact|
|Internal Item ID: 515|
Crystal Bullets are a Hardmode ammunition item. They shatter on impact with an enemy or solid block, splitting into three small shards that have limited range and deal 60% of the original bullet's damage.
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
- The shards emitted by the crystal bullet on impact can damage enemies through walls.
- When using this ammunition with the Tactical Shotgun or the Chain Gun, each individual projectile will split into shards on impact, potentially causing a great deal of secondary damage.
- If you can craft a lot of them (at least two full stacks, or 1998 bullets total) and have access to the Megashark, Crystal Bullets are generally the quickest way to beat The Twins and Skeletron Prime. Many of their secondary shards tend to hit (even a single Twin) for multiple hits per shot and the highest possible damage rate. Pre-Hardmode Bosses, including the Wall of Flesh, can be killed in seconds with the Megashark/Crystal Bullets.
- Crystal bullets are useful in killing the Dungeon Guardian, Skeletron and Skeletron Prime once night turns to day. This is because the defense of both the bosses is extremely high (9999) and will cause any attack to deal 1 damage or a 2 if critical. The shards will each count as an individual projectile, getting more hits and racking up damage faster.
- Pairing Crystal Bullets with Frost Armor makes the bullets more effective in dealing with enemies, as each fragment will also take on the set bonus's effects.
| Bullets |
|Musket Ball • Crystal • Silver • Meteor Shot • Party • Golden • High Velocity • Nano • Exploding • Chlorophyte • Cursed • Ichor • Venom|