| Desktop-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.
Crystal Darts are ammunition that move in a straight line and are unaffected by gravity when shot, ricocheting 6 times before disappearing. The darts will also bounce between enemies and target them if they are close enough. They can be used with the Blowgun, Blowpipe, Dart Pistol and Dart Rifle.
Crystal Darts attacking a Moss Hornet.
Note that the darts will try to aim for the nearest enemy, when they bounce off a surface.
- After obtaining a Dart Rifle or Dart Pistol from the Corruption and Crimson mimics respectively, defeating Skeletron Prime becomes very easy as Crystal Darts can be quickly made in large numbers and will constantly riochet between each part. It can also make short work of some weaker worm-type enemies.
- In a similar manner, using Crystal Darts is also good for defeating The Twins and Golem.
- As a projectile the Crystal Dart can always be seen unaffected by lighting, but doesn't emit light itself. It indicates cave walls after bouncing off but won't actually provide you any light.
- It is the only dart that won't apply any debuffs.
- Confined spaces can cause the Crystal Darts to shred nearly everything in their path, due to lots of ricochets.
- The ricocheting effect is not randomized. If the Crystal Dart hits an enemy, with other enemies in the vicinity of that one, it will bounce between any darts there are. This also helps with the wyvern, as it keeps bouncing into the Wyvern's multiple segments.