|Internal Tile ID: 12|
Crystal Hearts are background objects that drop one Life Crystal each when broken with a pickaxe, drill, or explosives. They can be found naturally placed in any area in the Underground layer and below, though they are fairly uncommon. Crystal Hearts cannot be found in the The Underworld or the Dungeon.
Life Crystals are used to increase a player's health capacity by 1 red heart, or 20 health. It also heals you by the same amount on use. Health capacity cannot be increased using Life Crystals once the player already has a capacity of 400 health, at which point only Life Fruit can further increase it to 500. Life Crystals can still be used thereafter in crafting Heart Lanterns, or can perhaps be sold for coins.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Underground Jungle is a good place to look for Crystal Hearts, due to the large amounts of open space.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Heart Breaker • "Discover and smash your first heart crystal underground."|
|Find and break a Crystal Heart.|
History[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug where heart crystals could spawn in nonsolid areas.
- Crystal Hearts no longer spawn in the underworld.
- 126.96.36.199: Chests, crystal hearts, and statues should no longer spawn on ice (Thin Ice).
- 1.2: No longer requires a hammer to harvest (requires pickaxe instead).
- Pre-Release: Introduced.