The Crystal Storm is a Hardmode magic weapon that rapid-fires a slightly spread flood of tiny crystals, at a rate equal to the Minishark. The crystals are not affected by gravity, and last about three seconds each, ricocheting off walls and losing velocity until gradually dissipating in midair. Their speed or fade at impact does not affect their damage output. The crystals also provide a small amount of light. This can be obtained prior to entering Hardmode on the mobile version by getting it from an Arch Demon, however, there is a 0.2% (1 in 500) drop chance.
- Crystal Storm projectiles move slower when fired through Water, and do not speed up upon exiting water.
- The Crystal Storm does not have the ability to pierce multiple targets, though its dense fire rate may cause the illusion that it is.
- Its projectiles can travel through single tile spaces.
- A Crystal Storm that obtained any Modifier that lowers mana cost (eg. Mythical) prior to 1.2.3 will have a new random Modifier chosen again automatically after the upgrade to 1.2.3, as that patch brought a reduction in mana cost that renders those Modifiers incompatible.
- On mobile, you can get the mythical modifier for the Crystal Storm.
- If shot in a corner, the projectiles can travel through blocks.
- Can be rarely dropped from Arch Demon so it can obtained pre-Hardmode
- Although its projectiles do not deal terrible damage individually, they overwhelm enemies with their quantity, and have enough knockback to keep even crowds at bay.
- The Crystal Storm may be preferable to the Magical Harp when piercing and repeat hits are not needed.
- The Crystal Storm is the Hallowed counterpart to the Corruption's Cursed Flames or the Crimson's Golden Shower.
- The crystals you fire appear to vibrate, though they are actually oblong and spinning off-center.
- Unlike most ricocheting projectiles, these crystals make no sound when bouncing off objects.
- Mana use decreased from 5 to 4.
- Damage decreased from 26 to 25.
- 1.1: Introduced.