|Use time||6 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons rapid fire crystal shards|
The Crystal Storm is a Hardmode magic weapon that rapid-fires small crystals at a rate slightly faster than that of the Minishark, with each shot consuming five Mana. The crystals have a semi-random spread, though still remain relatively focused, and are not affected by gravity; they last for about three seconds each, ricocheting off walls and losing velocity until gradually dissipating. Their speed at impact does not affect their damage output. The crystals also provide a small amount of light.
Although the shards do not deal terrible damage individually, they overwhelm enemies with their quantity, and have enough knockback to even keep a crowd at bay.
Even though crystal shards cannot travel through blocks, the shards are quite small, and can fit through one-block-wide gaps in block barriers, which most enemies are incapable of traveling or firing through. Combined with the fact that the semi-random ricochets allow players to fire shards around corners, and the quite low costs, this means Crystal Storm is very useful in exploration when the player wants to clear a small cavern of enemies before they actually enter it.
The Crystal Storm's best possible Modifier is Godly.
|Soul of Light||15|
- Like Arrows, the Crystal Storm projectiles move slower when fired through Water. In contrast, they do not speed up upon exiting water, leading to a much shorter range.
- Contrary to popular belief, the Crystal Storm does not have the ability to pierce through multiple targets. This misconception is most likely due to its high rate of fire and ricocheting ability.
- It is very effective against Bosses.
- The Crystal Storm is superior to the Magical Harp when piercing and repeat hits are not needed.
- In spite of having power on par with weapons like the Magical Harp, Crystal Storm can be crafted almost immediately after entering hardmode with nothing but surface and underground hallow enemy drops after finding the Wizard.
- The Crystal Storm is the Hallowed counterpart to the Corruption's Cursed Flames or the Crimson's Golden Shower.
- The crystals you fire appear to vibrate, though they are actually oblong, and spinning off-center.
- Unlike most ricocheting projectiles, these crystals make no sound when bouncing off objects.
| Magic Weapons|
|Pre-Hardmode||Loot||Aqua Scepter • Bee Gun • Book of Skulls • Crimson Rod • Demon Scythe • Flamelash • Flower of Fire • Magic Missile • Slime Staff • Vilethorn • Water Bolt|
|Gem Staff||Amethyst Staff • Topaz Staff • Sapphire Staff • Emerald Staff • Ruby Staff • Diamond Staff|
|Other Crafted||Space Gun|
|Hardmode||Loot||Flower of Frost • Frost Staff • Laser Rifle • Magic Dagger • Nimbus Rod • Poison Staff • Unholy Trident|
|Crafted||Crystal Storm • Cursed Flames • Golden Shower • Magical Harp • Rainbow Rod • Venom Staff|
|Post-Plantera||Plantera||Leaf Blower • Nettle Burst • Pygmy Staff • Wasp Gun|
|Dungeon||Inferno Fork • Magnet Sphere • Shadowbeam Staff • Spectre Staff|
|Golem||Heat Ray • Staff of Earth|
|Dungeon Chests||Rainbow Gun • Staff of the Frost Hydra|
|Events||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Raven Staff • Razorpine|