|Use time||6 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons rapid fire crystal shards|
The Crystal Storm is a Hardmode magic weapon that rapid-fires a slightly spread flood of tiny crystals, at a rate equal to the Minishark. The crystals are not affected by gravity, and last about three seconds each, ricocheting off walls and losing velocity until gradually dissipating in midair. Their speed or fade at impact does not affect their damage output. The crystals also provide a small amount of light.
The Crystal Storm's best possible Modifier is Godly. Due to its low mana cost, it is unable to acquire the Mythical prefix.
|Soul of Light||15|
- Crystal Storm projectiles move slower when fired through Water, and do not speed up upon exiting water.
- The Crystal Storm does not have the ability to pierce multiple targets, though its dense fire rate may cause the illusion that it is.
- Its projectiles can travel through single tile spaces.
- A Crystal Storm that obtained any Modifier that lowers mana cost (eg. Mythical) prior to 1.2.3 will have a new random Modifier chosen again automatically after the upgrade to 1.2.3, as that patch brought a reduction in mana cost that renders those Modifiers incompatible.
- Although its projectiles do not deal terrible damage individually, they overwhelm enemies with their quantity, and have enough knockback to keep even crowds at bay.
- The Crystal Storm may be preferable to the Magical Harp when piercing and repeat hits are not needed.
- The Crystal Storm is the Hallowed counterpart to the Corruption's Cursed Flames or the Crimson's Golden Shower.
- The crystals you fire appear to vibrate, though they are actually oblong and spinning off-center.
- Unlike most ricocheting projectiles, these crystals make no sound when bouncing off objects.
|Melee Weapons ( Other) • Ranged Weapons ( Other) • Magic Weapons • Other Weapons|
|Direct Attack||Gem Staves||Amethyst Staff • Topaz Staff • Sapphire Staff • Emerald Staff • Ruby Staff • Diamond Staff|
|Aqua Scepter • Space Gun • Water Bolt • Ice Rod • Crystal Storm • Golden Shower • Book of Skulls • Laser Rifle • Magical Harp • Magic Dagger • Leaf Blower • Frost Staff • Poison Staff • Razorpine • Heat Ray • Shadowbeam Staff • Blizzard Staff • Venom Staff • Unholy Trident|
|Area Effect Attack||Vilethorn • Nettle Burst • Crimson Rod • Nimbus Rod • Demon Scythe • Staff of Earth • Magnet Sphere • Rainbow Gun • Inferno Fork|
|Homing Attack||Bee Gun • Wasp Gun • Bat Scepter • Spectre Staff|
|Bouncing Attack||Cursed Flames • Flower of Fire • Flower of Frost|
|Controlled Attack||Magic Missile • Flamelash • Rainbow Rod|
|Minion Attack||Slime Staff • Pygmy Staff • Raven Staff • Staff of the Frost Hydra|