The Crystal Storm is a Hardmode magic weapon that rapid-fires a slightly spread flood of tiny crystals, at a rate equal to the Megashark. The crystals are not affected by gravity, and last about three seconds each, ricocheting off walls and losing velocity until gradually dissipating in midair. Their speed or fade at impact does not affect their damage output. The crystals also provide a small amount of light.
The Crystal Storm is the Hallowed counterpart to the Corruption's Cursed Flames, or the Crimson's Golden Shower.
On the Mobile version, the Crystal Storm may be obtained prior to Hardmode as a rare drop from Arch Demons (0.2% or 1/500 chance).
Its best Modifier is Godly. However, on the Mobile version, its best modifier is Mythical.
Console and Mobile Version[edit | edit source]
- Liquids will slow Crystal Storm projectiles, even after they exit the liquid body.
- Its projectiles do not pierce multiple targets, though its dense fire rate may cause the illusion that they are.
- Although its projectiles do not deal much damage individually, they overwhelm enemies with their quantity, and have enough knockback to keep crowds at bay.
- The Crystal Storm may be preferable to the Magical Harp when piercing and repeat hits are not needed.
- The crystals you fire appear to vibrate, though they are actually oblong and spinning off-center.
- Unlike most ricocheting projectiles, these crystals make no sound when bouncing off objects.
- A Crystal Storm that obtained any modifier that lowers mana cost (eg. Mythical) prior to 1.2.3 will have a new random modifier chosen again automatically after the upgrade to 1.2.3, as that patch brought a reduction in mana cost that renders those modifiers incompatible. In the mobile version, it is still possible to obtain the Mythical modifier.
- 18.104.22.168: Now requires only 20 Crystal Shards to craft instead of 30.
- Mana use decreased from 5 to 4.
- Damage decreased from 26 to 25.
- 1.1: Introduced.