|Type|| Undead Enemy|
The Cursed Skull (and Dragon Skull on Console versions) is a flying monster found only in Dungeons. It is similar to the Meteor Head, with high damage, slow speed, and the ability to travel through tiles. It floats slowly towards the player, usually circling around them for a while, before suddenly lunging forward to attack. When striking a player, the Cursed Skull has a chance to apply the Cursed debuff. This renders the player unable to use items, including weapons, potions, and Grappling Hooks, making it very difficult to avoid further damage.
- Cursed Skulls can be attacked through walls with melee weapons. Weapons with long range like the Dark Lance work well. This may, however, result in drops being trapped inside of the wall beyond the player's reach.
- The Cursed Skull may be a reference to the "Bubble" in the original "Legend of Zelda" on the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Both were flying skulls that blinked between different colors rapidly and temporarily prevented using weapons when touched.
- Sprite changed.
- Can now drop the Nazar.
- Doesn't make a splash sound when hitting water now.
- Name changed from Burning Skull to Cursed Skull.
- Sprite changed, flaming animation removed.
- Now pass through walls.
- Life increased from 30 to 40, damage increased from 25 to 35, defense decreased from 30 to 6.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.