From Terraria Wiki
|Damage||49 / 51 (Melee)|
|Use time||17 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 672|
The Cutlass is a rare Hardmode sword that has a 0.5% (1 in 200) chance to be dropped by Pirate enemies in a Pirate Invasion. The Cutlass deals good damage and can be swung continuously at very high speed.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The odds of getting at least one Cutlass over the course of a Pirate Invasion are about 45%.
- This can be considered a Hardmode equivalent of the Muramasa - it automatically swings, has a very fast attack speed, and has relatively low knockback.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since this weapon is quite strong and available very early in Hardmode, melee characters will find it to outrank almost all early Hardmode weapons, outstripping the Titanium Sword and Adamantite Sword and all early-Hardmode ore weapons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its appearance is closer to that of a scimitar than a cutlass.
- It has a dark outline and transparent pixels in its blade, so against dark backgrounds it looks deformed.
- When talking to an NPC, you can only swing your Cutlass once per click, meaning you cannot swing it continuously.