From Terraria Wiki
|Damage||49 / 51 (Melee)|
|Use time||17 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 672|
The Cutlass is a rare Hardmode sword that has a 0.5% (1 in 200) chance to be dropped by Pirate enemies in a Pirate Invasion. The Cutlass deals good damage and can be swung continuously at very high speed.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The odds of getting at least one Cutlass over the course of a Pirate Invasion are about 45%.
- This can be considered a Hardmode equivalent of the Muramasa - it automatically swings, has a very fast attack speed, and has relatively low knockback.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since this weapon is quite strong and available very early in Hardmode, melee characters may have an easier time dealing with Hardmode if they acquire this weapon early.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its appearance is closer to that of a scimitar than a cutlass.
- It has a dark outline and transparent pixels in its blade, so against dark backgrounds it looks deformed.
- When talking to an NPC, you can only swing your Cutlass once per click, meaning you cannot swing it continuously.